𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘~𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Chapter 54

Chapter 54

"Yves?" I gasped, swerving to face him in shock.

He was back.

He was actually back.

"Isla," he murmured, looking down at me with a small smile.

He still looked handsome as ever, if not more with how long his hair was growing. His shoulders were broader, the white shirt he was wearing concealing his massive muscles underneath.

His bright monochromatic eyes were focused on me, and I didn't resist when his large thumb reached out to stroke my cheek.

He chuckled slightly before pulling away and moving towards Ocean, who looked more than thrilled to finally see his father. I watched in silence as Yves picked him up and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"I missed you little man, so much," he held a giggling Ocean against his chest. It was an adorable sight, but I was still quite upset with him for leaving with no communication whatsoever.

I folded my arms as I watched their intimate interaction. Yves managed to get him to sleep as well (that had been his job since Ocean was born) then pulled the fluffy fleece over his small body. We both stood in silence as we admired our peaceful baby, until he shattered the silence.

"I'd like to speak to you, please," he murmured to me and I took a while to respond.

"Right now?" I whispered as he nodded.

I followed him to his study upstairs and I took a seat while he shut the door. He strided across the room to his own chair before settling down.

There was a tense silence in the atmosphere for a hot minute as I purposely avoided his gaze.

"Isla, I would like to apologise for what I've done. I know an apology is not good enough, I know you're tired of them, but I just needed some time to myself. I had meetings to take my mind off things, but it was futile."

"How much?" I said abruptly.

"What?"

"How many millions did you lose because of my self-defensive actions? For whatever amount you lost, I'm sorry," I shrugged nonchalantly, and he shook his head slowly.

"I don't need an apology from you Isla. I shouldn't have said what I did, I shouldn't have blamed you for everything and you shouldn't have felt the way you did. I wasn't thinking. I guess I'm an awful person and I take accountability-"

"Yeah, you are an awful person Yves. I won't sugarcoat it and say that I'm fine with everything that's happened. I'm not perfect, I'm only human and I also take accountability for causing a public ruckus. Business is business, but the least you could do was call me. Do you know how painful it was for me to take him from your study everyday after he crawled there, searching for you? Or how we had to dine without you, go out without you, exist without you? I know it was just a week but the fact that you didn't even communicate makes matters worse." I poured out my true emotions.