Archimedes

Archimedes had a tough day at the farm . The sun shone brightly that particular day . And this day was when the crops had to be cut and sent out for distribution . The system was simple and the business was simple . It just was handwork . The Marakese were good hard working people , well most of them . There were a few trouble makers and a few of them gone rogue .  But none were really cruel , like some you would find in the rest of the galaxy . And Archimedes came from a lineage of good , honest and hard working people . Archimedes now around the age of 25 did not know another way of life . He worked hard and mostly kept to himself , most of the time . And when it got dark , he slept soundly , as there were no troubles that kept him awake at night . And this night was a very bright night , as the stars shone brightly and in numbers . And every night he went and checked the barracks where the horses were kept . And he was not partial to any of the horses , he rode them and gave them equal respect . It could be said that the horses were his best friends 

One such night , young Archimedes was locking the barracks where the horses were kept . As he locked it and moved away from it , he had this strange sensation . A sort of sensation that he has never felt in his life , It was not a haunting one or a eerie one , something a bit exciting . And the only young excitement young Archimedes knew were from horses . And this was something far greater than that , he knew that in just that moment . He looked up at the sky instantly , and it was just the stars still . He kept looking , for he knew there was something out there . And as he looked the noises kept getting louder and louder . He searched for the it again , in between the stars . And finally his eyes gazed upon a strange yet very familiar object . It flew above his head at a speed one could not fathom . Archimedes has never seen anything like this , yet it was like he remembered it from someplace else . It could be a memory , a story told by his grandparents on how they moved to different parts of the galaxy through flying objects . Could this be similar to the flying object that his ancestor flew in . Before he could start to visualize , the spaceship had already flown by very fast . The young Archimedes for a second thought that he could chase down the spaceship with his horse , he actually gave it a solid thought and almost went to open the barracks again . And then reality stuck and he chose to abandon the wild chase that would ultimately result in nothing . Archimedes smiled and thought to himself . There will come and day , where he would chase down the spaceship  . But would he be happy with what he finds in the ship .

Archimedes walked back to his home . As he walked back , a dilemma lingered in his mind . Should I tell my mother about this incident or keep it to myself . My parents may get afraid , if I tell them about the spaceship ? But they may tell me something I do not know about ? Archimedes tip toed his way back to his house , without an answer . Maybe I just keep silent for now , he made up his mind rightly so . 

In a planet close by 

Planet 757

Sergey looked up and saw a spaceship go past the top of his head . Sergey took his sniper and tried to have a look at it . Could it be that they have tracked me and came to retrieve ? As he peered through the telescope , he was disappointed that the spaceship did not come from earth . It was from someplace else ?  Could they be hostile or friendly ? Sergey thought . He dropped the sniper as he realized that he needed not be afraid nor excited about the spaceship as it flew past so far away , that it was impossible for it to land close by , surely not . He went back to his cave , eating away the trusk that he stored a few days ago . He went through the containers to see how much stock was left . No much , maybe a couple of days at maximum , he uttered . I need to hunt down a trusk real soon . He kept his container aside and tried getting some sleep . 

Far away from Sergey

The spaceship landed close by to a people who it looked like were journeying into the unknown . The two wanderers had abandoned the ship that they had come in ,  For some reason unknown . The spaceship landed opening the gates to let the two wanderers in . The prisoners in black cloak were welcomed by a dozen other black cloak people . Job done ? asked the head . Yes , replied the two prisoners . Another name chalked of the list , the head said and scratched of a name .  There is no one worthy enough to rule the galaxy ? is it not ? he shouted . The rest of the people in the black cloak did not respond . And to think these mercenaries harbored the thought of ruling the galaxy ? that is a great tragedy in itself . The oldest of them all , the oldest of the black cloak people stood up . That is our destiny , he said . To search for the people who will one day rule the galaxy . People ? asked one of the priests . Yes , proclaimed the elder priest . One man hath not enough power to rule such a mighty galaxy . The head priest got up and said , you were right once , he said to the elder . Now , our hearts are corrupted , for us to see the light . Now all we see is darkness , he said to the group . Yes , replied the priest in unison . We once believed in a god too many . And now , he looked at the prisoners , we believe in nothing . And certainly we do not believe in god . The elder had a disappointed look on his face . Do you know why ? he asked the elder . Because the souls we took , had so much darkness in his heart . And he said , once again looking at the group . When you have seen darkness for a long time , maybe that is all you know . Yes , replied the group in unison .