Chapter 66

Vedangi sat on the swing in her balcony with a sigh, tired from the day's work, her feet were swollen due to pregnancy.  This was the place where Shvet would sit for hours, painting. There was a painting covered with a cloth, Vedangi removed the cloth with a smile. Shvet had drawn them both holding their child, the smile on Vedangi's face turned into a grin. He had drawn this painting the same day, when they came to know about her pregnancy. She hugged the painting, "Come back soon pati parmeshwar ji! I am missing you. Not only me, but your child is also missing you" she said to herself.

Far away near the bank of yamuna, Shvet stood gazing at the stars, missing his wife. It had been three days, since he and Shankh came here. "We are going tomorrow bhrata! Bhabhi must be suffering from hiccup attack" he joked, Shvet rolled his eyes and nodded negative looking at Shankh. "She is not alone now. And none of us both are with her" Shvet said bit concerned. "Bhrata! Pitashree is there na, he won't let mata scold bhabhi" Shankh said. Shvet forced a smile and walked back towards their tent.
************************************
"Look behna I really think that building that Dharmashala is wastage of money! Instead we should recruit more soldiers " Keechak argued, Vedangi rolled her eyes. "Bhrata, but isn't looking after safety and comfort of people who visit our kingdom more important? And didn't we recruit soldiers six months ago only. " Sudeshna protested. Vedangi too wished to oppose keechak but kept quiet as neither Shvet now Shankh were there in the palace. "But maharani, employment and security of our people is important than that of travellers" one of the ministers spoke. "Mantri ji, travellers travel all over aryavart, if they face discomfort in Matsya, the news would reach everywhere, causing harm to image of our kingdom, won't it?" Vedangi finally spoke. Sudeshna gazed at her with appreciation, some elder ministers too agreed with Vedangi.

"And the work of Dharmashala is half way completed. If we stop this project, it would lead to financial loss too" she added. "Can't you keep quiet while elders are speaking" keechak said, "I am sorry, but I was just giving my opinion" Vedangi replied. "A putravadhu shouldn't speak until ask between elders" keechak glared at her, "Sarsenapati ji. I am in this meeting because, I am head of law and order department not just because I am putravadhu of this family. Maharani had called me for this meeting" Vedangi stood on her place angrily.

"Putravadhu, we are in an official meeting and this isn't the way to speak" Sudeshna said gesturing Vedangi to control her rage. "I am sorry maharani, I wasn't the one who started this argument, senapati ji started it" Vedangi answered. "See sudeshna how she is back answering you, insulting you in front of all ministers" keechak said smirking. Sudeshna gestured all ministers to leave the hall, "This was an official meeting, you weren't supposed to raise your voice on me, Maharani. And bhrata, she was just putting forth her opinion, you would have let her do so!" Sudeshna said.

"But senapati ji started the argument, I didn't! Why aren't you saying anything to him!" Vedangi again answered back. "So what would have happened, if you would have listened few words from someone who is elder to you! Would your ears bleed? Haven't your parents taught you anything like this!" Sudeshna said angrily. Vedangi turned her tear filled angry gaze towards sudeshna, "No, my parents haven't taught me anything like this. But they have definitely taught me that, my brother shouldn't live in my martial home forever, he should be just a guest here" Vedangi answered looking at Keechak and then again at Sudeshna.

"Bhargavi!" Sudeshna lost her patience, which she was trying to control, she moved forward and raised her hand to slap Vedangi. Vedangi flinched, shut her eyes tightly and brought her hand in front of her face in reflex. But she was pushed behind and a tall figure stood in between them. Vedangi opened her eyes slowly and saw Shvet standing in between them, tears rolled down her eyes. When Sudeshna saw Shvet standing in front, she regretted her actions immediately. I shouldn't have raised my hand on her, afterall she is my putravadhu. She had left her home and family for my son, how could I raise hand on her. She said to herself as her eyes glistened. Shvet was gazing at her with disappointment and not anger, she lowered her gaze and moved couple of steps behind.

Vedangi felt her head spinning and knees go weak, she was about to lose her balance but Shankh held her shoulders from behind. Her breath hitched and she started panting, gasping for breath. Shankh made her sit on a couch and asked dasis to get water, Shvet sat on his knees in front of her holding her hand into his, "Calm down swamini, I am here na, Calm! Breath slowly breath" he tried to calm, his eyes glistened with tears too, but he can't let them flow in front of his subjects. Vedangi was barely able to keep her eyes open, was continuously gasping for breath and tightening her grip over Shvet's hands.

Shvet lost his patience, he sat besides Vedangi and hugged her tightly, like she was a child and kissed her forehead multiple times, trying to calm her. Vedangi forced a smile on her face and collapsed in his arms. Shvet got more tensed and immediately sent to call Raj vaidya.
************************************
The Raj vaidya was checking Vedangi's pulse, sudeshna was standing there with lowered gaze, she was feeling too much guilty of her actions. Raj vaidya made juice of some herbs and asked a dasi to pour it in Vedangi's mouth. A few minutes passed in silence and Vedangi slowly opened her eyes, everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Shvet joined his hands, thanking Vedangi's sakha Ganesha, without anyone's notice. "Yuvraj I had told you that, first three months are most crucial, she should be handled with care. Otherwise there could be threat to your child" the Raj vaidya said.

Everyone present in the hall turned their head towards Raj vaidya, their eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Vedangi and Shvet turned eyes towards each other immediately, Shvet raised his eyebrows asking, what should he do? Vedangi nodded her head in a yes, indicating that they should tell the truth to everyone. "Mata, me and swamini are going to be parents. My swamini is four weeks means a month pregnant" Shvet announced. A wave of happiness passed in the hall, Sudeshna gasped in happiness and her tears glistened with tears again, but this time they were of happiness.

"Our putravadhu, your wife is pregnant! I am going to be grand mother! Really!" She said, wrapping her hands around Shvet. She then sat besides Vedangi, who was lying on bed, "I am sorry for hurting you putravadhu. I am so sorry. And thank you, you are going to make me a grand mother, thank you so much" she held Vedangi's hand and kissed her forehead affectionately. Shvet and Shankh exchanged surprised glances, "Mata and her mood swings" Shankh said, nodding her head negative. Sudeshna made Shvet sit besides her and side hugged him from one side and Vedangi from another side.

"And to all the dasis, this news shouldn't go outside this all except the royal family" Sudeshna announced and then rocked Vedangi's head lovingly.
************************************
Guess, who got done with offline exams!
Hey, my lovely readers, the next part is here!
Hope you liked reading this, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me ❤️.
Also, few parts or part of this book is remaining now, quickly shower some love on it✨.