CHAPTER 108. Anything That Starts With L

"So I just dip and eat," Lucifer repeated and narrowed his eyes at Lion. "You must think I'm stupid, I can tell you're up to something,"

Lion shrugged his shoulders. "I didn't make the food Luce-heifer, the amazing staff did,"

I snorted and quickly cleared my throat when Lucifer narrowed his eyes at me. The nicknames has been none stop, and I was loving every moment of it.

Faith nodded. "Yup, it's fine, the food is great,"

Not sure if Lucifer could still read my thoughts or not, I desperately avoided thinking about the ghost pepper barbecue sauce in front of him with a plate of fries.

I covered my mouth with my palm and looked at River. He met my eyes and smiled at little, seeming amused as he moved the straw in his drink without a care in the world.

Fallon, sweet adorable Fallon wasn't paying any attention. He was more focused on the burger he had ordered, closing his eyes in utter delight with each small bite he took.

"Just eat, Raven would never turn you in the wrong direction," Fin said cheerfully and my heart stopped. Oh god, don't make this my fault! I cleared my throat nervously as Lucifer glanced at me suspiciously.

"Oh yes, yup," Cross sealed my fate. "Raven picked it out herself,"

No I didn't, you did! I took a drink of my water, stomach rolling as Lucifer dipped the fry in the sauce.

"Very well," Lucifer said calmly and lifted the fry to his mouth. As he took a bite, Faith clapped her hands together as if she was praying.

"Rip Lucifer, death by hot sauce, his life with us was short but spicy," she sighed and nudged Dune. "Say a few words for our dead friend,"

Dune nodded and touched his chest. "He was an interesting fellow, we'll attempt to remember him as our days go on,"

I snatched the glass of milk from Faith and handed it to Lucifer as he chewed with a blank face. "I'm sorry, is it spicy? I didn't pick it out, Cross did, I swear," I whispered and watched him.

Lucifer grabbed the glass from me delicately and promptly tilted his head and opened his mouth, drinking it like a shot. I swallowed with difficult as he wiped his mouth with a napkin and slowly gazed at me.

"Was the milk necessary afterward? The flavors are quite nice," Lucifer said slowly and I watched with huge eyes as he went back for more.

"Well damn," Cross sighed. "That's disappointing,"

Dune smiled a little. "Guess you better tell everyone at the funeral that Lucifer came back from the grave, Faith,"

Faith took a bite of her burger and gazed at Dune, seeming annoyed. "If I said he's dead, then he's dead, the demon you see before you is a ghost,"

I watched Lucifer eat more and bit the inside of my cheek nervously. "It tastes good?" I asked slowly.

Lucifer held a fry between his fingers and met my gaze.  "Raven kitten, were you trying to harm me?"

I shook my head rapidly. "No! Not at all! S-some people, like you, enjoy those kinds of things,"

Nicholas threw me under the bus with his next words. "No one enjoys something that spicy, he's just a demon with an interesting pallet."

I looked down at the table and gulped. "Is that how it is?" Lucifer's voice took on a sly aspect. "Naughty girl, now I'll have to punish you,"

My head snapped up and I pointed at Cross. "He's the one who did it! I had nothing to do with it -"