21

Diana was getting annoyed by her friends, which was something that had never happened before.

The way they were talking about Harry was really irritating her as she held a firm belief in the boy's innocence in this whole scenario.

Her and Hermione were part of the very few who had the view of Harry's innocence and many students made their views clear to poor Harry.

"Here comes the champion!" Draco calls loudly when Harry approaches Hagrid's Hut for their Care of Magical Creatures lesson. "Got your autograph books? Better get a signature now, because I doubt he's going to be around much longer. Half the Triwizard champions have died. How long d'you reckon you're going to last, Potter? Ten minutes into the first task's my bet."

Crabbe and Goyle, two people who Diana was not fond of, guffaw loudly at Draco's words which only fed into the blonde male's ego.

"What is the matter with you?" Diana asks her friend who looks at her sheepishly. "Why are you being cruel?"

"Diana-"

Draco doesn't get a response from the blonde witch who walks away and joins Harry, placing a hand on his arm as she beams up at him with that bedazzling smile she was known for.

Draco watches the interaction from a slight distance. He watches as Harry's eyes light up as he looks down at Diana who had the same sparkle in her eye.

"Hey Harry," Diana smiles up at the boy who offers her a large dopey grin in return.

"Hey, Di,"

"Listen up class," Hagrid says and everyone turns to him. "The Skrewts have been killing each other recently-"

"Shame," Harry murmurs under his breath and Diana smiles at his words.

"So today, you're going to use these leashes and take them on a walk,"

The smile falls from Diana's lips as she stares at the ugly creatures in the box.

They were already hissing and spitting at the students which was obviously a sign of burns to come.

Hagrid hands the students leashes, all of them trying to stay as far away from the creatures as possible.

The Skrewts were huge now. Over three feet long and more powerful than before. Rather than being shell-less, they had now grown a thick, greyish shimmery armour. They look like a hybrid between scorpions and crabs but more deadly.

Diana leads hers towards the edge of the forest before slipping her gloves off and moving her hand in a circular motion, a large glacial dome surrounding the fiery creature. A triumphant laugh falls from her lips as she watches the Skrewt walk around in the dome before realising there was no escape.

"You little cheat!"

Diana turns to see Pansy standing with her hands on her hips.

"It's not cheating," Diana says. "It's forward thinking and using abilities to my advantage"

"Cheating," Pansy says, sitting next to the blonde who had her feet in the water below.

Diana just hums as she kicks her feet forward and backwards in the water, occasionally giggling when a fish brushes past her foot.

Diana stands up and gently placed her foot on top of the water surface.

"What are you doing?"

Diana shushes Pansy, waving her hand at the girl. She closes her eyes and puts all her weight on the front foot.

When she's not engulfed by water, Diana peeks open her right eye and looks down.

Her foot was resting on a flat piece of ice that was glowing blue around her foot.

Diana's face lights up in a wide grin as she takes another step, another stepping stone of ice forming under her foot.

Diana spins before putting her foot down, another piece of ice forming.

"That's enough Di!"

The slight distraction causes the girl to step and due to her turning to face Pansy, she loses her balance and falls into the water.

"DIANA?"

Pansy runs forward, splashing into the shallower parts of the lake.

"DIANA?!"

A wet blonde mass of hair bursts out of the water with a laugh as she turns to face Pansy.

"That was fun!"

"You little shit!"

Pansy lunges for Diana, tackling her into the water.

"What are you two doing?!"

Both of the girls turn to see many members of the class were stood on the grassy edge, gaping at the two girls who were gripping each others' robes tightly, absolutely soaked to the bone.

"Having fun!"

"Killing her!"

"Right," Draco nods but it was clear he had no idea what was going on.