Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Phoenix Awakened 1: Thanks

Yu Ze was in a car accident in his original world and ended up being completely paralyzed, the doctors consider him in a vegetative state. While he can still hear what everyone around him is saying, he does not have the ability to respond.

So when an AI calling itself System 02 appears in his brain, telling him he can get all functions of his body back, Yu Ze jumps at the chance. System 02 explains to him that he has to pass through several worlds as the cannon fodder who dies early. His mission is to live as these cannon fodders and keep them alive past the original time when they die.

With each mission, Yu Ze can earn points depending on the star level. For the one-star level, Yu Ze can earn 5,000 points. For five star levels, 100,000, but of course, with each star, the difficulty level increases, and there is the potential of losing his life. In order to gain complete function of his body, Yu Ze must earn over one million points. Although the number is staggering, Yu Ze accepts the chance.)

"ZeZe, what's wrong with you? Are you not feeling well?" The gentle female voice was tinged with worry.

Yu Ze was receiving memories that did not belong to him, and his brain was dizzy for a while, so he did not answer immediately.

"ZeZe?" The female voice became more anxious.

Yu Ze's sleeve was gently pulled, and he subconsciously shook his head, "I'm fine."

Once the words he said fell, he froze. He could move!

This was simply impossible for someone in a vegetative state! In other words, what happened before was not a dream!

He was selected by the survival system and came to the mission world, becoming a seventeen-year-old boy on Planet Watt, Feng Ze. He suppressed the shock and surprise in his heart and looked at the beautiful woman in front of him, and a sense of closeness followed.

Xie Wan was Feng Ze's mother and his only relative. Seeing him dumbfounded, Xie Wan reached out to take the watering can from his hand. Xie Wan did not hold back the inclination to cough twice, "It's better for me to go. Go back to your room to rest first, cough..."

"I'll go," Yu Ze gripped the handle as he moved his back, avoiding her hand. He looked at the woman's slightly white face, and afraid of her worry, he curved up the corners of his lips and smiled, "I'm fine."

Xie Wan saw this, and was slightly stunned. She had not seen her son smile for a long time. She couldn't help but show a light smile, the end of her eyes flushed with fine wrinkles, and coughed twice more in a low voice.

"You go rest," Yu Ze's eyebrows knitted worryingly as he stressed again, "I'm fine."

Xie Wan was afraid that her son would worry about her, so she stopped insisting and carefully reminded him, "There are many guests in the main house tonight, so go back to your room to rest after watering the flowers and be careful not to bump into them."

Yu Ze nodded obediently and watched Xie Wan go to her room before following the garden path to the main house as he remembered. The Feng family's main house was brightly lit, and it seemed like another world compared to the corner of the garden.

Yu Ze looked up and heard the lively sounds of people faintly coming from the front. The trees on both sides of the main path had decorations hung up on them, many with the number sixteen. Yu Ze immediately understood the point in time of his arrival; it was the second young master of the Feng family, Feng Hai's coming-of-age birthday party.

Feng Ze's surname was also Feng, but he was only a distant relative of the Feng family. His grandmother and mother had turned to the Feng family in desperation, and after his grandmother died, his mother stayed with the Feng family as a gardener, taking care of the flowers and plants.