S I X T E E N

Riccardo

I held Brielle as she hit me. I knew she didn't mean it and soon enough she had tired herself out. It was only 7 am.  I unstrapped her and placed her back in the bed. I covered her and placed a kiss on her forehead. I turned of the light and exited her room. As I closed the door behind me , I sighed not realising what was behind me.

"Dad is she okay?" Angelo asked. I couldn't respond .

"She needs a little bit of rest but she'll be okay," I responded.

"Can I go see her?" Brayden asked . I was unsure but maybe it would be best to leave her till she wakes up.

"Not yet, let her sleep again." I informed them. Different protests were thrown around.

"Go BACK to bed or have a shower," I shouted, keeping in mind my sleeping daughter.

The rest of the boys walked to their rooms and muttered under their breaths.  I took a mental note to teach them a  lesson about respect.  My two eldest stayed behind.

I gave them a slight nod and began to walk away quickly . They caught up to me in a matter of time.

"Dad, don't blame yourself." Grey told me

"We all should have looked hard enough don't pin the guilt on yourself" Angelo added.

"Thanks boys," I told them. They nodded and made their way to their offices.  I had re entered my room and took a seat on the bed.

I couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt. I met my new lover in a time when my marriage was going through struggles .  Brielle one was one year old and I had cheated on Marina.

So when she found out I begged and begged for her to stay for her kids but she said no. I understood that I made a mistake and  I shouldn't have begged her to stay. We took the divorce to court were i would gain full custody but at the same time it would be joint.

I didn't want to take the kids away from their mother but I doubt if I had let her take custody I wouldn't have seen my kids at all.

Ariana, my girlfriend was still with her husband at the time and her daughter and mine had a month difference.

She needed a break from her husband who was suffering from cancer . He got diagnosed when Heather was 1 year old and only beat cancer when Heather was 9 years old. Yet he knew nothing of the affair and I hadn't met Heather yet. Then a year later his battle with cancer had re occurred when he found out he got it again.

He fought for 3 more years and died when Heather was 12. I had been on a business trip when Brielle was one and I went up a cafe and I needed my coffee. I had to leave after a week but I had slept with her and gotten her number. As I didn't want this to end, me and her both knew that each of us had lovers already.  But I was just drawn too her.

I had only met Heather at 12 as a "colleagues from work " a few months before her father 's death were I had pretended to go on a business trip.

I did not know how Marina found out , I cheated on her but I just admit  instead if being sneaky behind her back.  I should have told her and never forgive my self for hurting her.

So when I found out she had kidnapped Brielle, I was left heartbroken.  Maybe she wanted to break my heart by taking my only princess like I had broken her heart.

And when she had found out the person I had cheated on her with had a daughter.  I knew I had fucked up .  We were arguing and she was telling me to go back to my other daughter.

She left the house that night yet I didn't know who she had left with at the moment in time.  I didn't think Marina would be the one to do something like this.

I had found out she had got herself a new boyfriend but I could not locate her. I believe they got married a year later .

It's been about 14 years that I have known Ariana  and 10 that we have been together yet I didn't have the guts to tell my sons.

My parents found our and promised they wouldn't tell but they have been pushing me to do so.

I really want to move in to our next stage in our relationship but I know that I can't without telling my kids.

It was my fault Marina took Bri and I will never ever forgive myself.

A/n.

Thank you, thank for 800+reads.

And that is the backstory.

S P O I L E R     FOR NEXT CHAPTER.

What happens when Ariana and Heather need a place to stay??

Will Riccardo finally reveal the truth ??