Chapter 3

Cannon Fodder Chapter 3: Phoenix Awakened 3: Guesses

Yu Ze was carrying his tray towards the snack rack when a man in a black suit suddenly came out from his left and ran straight into him. He was too late to avoid it and fell to the right, but his arm was pulled by the man and he could barely hold his position.

The tray in his hand fell to the ground, spilling pastries all over the place.

"Watch where you walk!" The man grabbed his arm and growled angrily, pointing to his cream-stained suit, "Do you know how much this tuxedo costs? Can you afford to pay for it if you messed it up?"

Yu Ze tried hard to get his arm free but couldn't, and his brow furrowed, "You're the one who bumped into me."

"You mean it's my fault?" The man raised his voice, raised his foot and stepped on the tray on the ground, and with a bang, the tray broke into pieces.

At the same time, the pressure of an pressure of an Awakened One rushed straight at Yu Ze.

Yu Ze did not feel very uncomfortable, the man's pressure was completely inferior to Feng Sheng's, obviously that of a primary Awakened — completely unable to bestialize, and having only inherited some of the beast ancestor's abilities, such as great strength. Because of their inherited beast ancestor genes, an Awakened's human nature hid their beastly nature, and their temper was easily irritable.

On the lower the level, one was less likely to control their emotions.

Yu Ze was very clear that he was right in this matter, but also knew if he were to argue, his consequences might be the same as the tray.

"That's not what I meant." He thought for a moment and made the tone of his voice as calm as possible, "Let go of me first."

"Apologize and pay for it, or don't think I'll let go." The man held his hand tighter and Yu Ze couldn't help but hiss in pain.

The next moment, a hand quickly reached over, directly holding the man's wrist and folding it outward.

"Ah!" The man howled in pain all of a sudden, his fingers powerless as he let go.

Yu Ze's arm was released, and the sense of intimidation that enveloped him disappeared.

"You were the one who didn't have eyes and ran into him, and you still have the nerve to ask him to apologize?" Long Yuan shook off the man's hand, his tone mocking. He tilted his head and asked Yu Ze, "Is everything okay?"

Yu Ze looked at him with slight surprise and shook his head, "I'm fine, thanks."

The man covered his hand and turned his head angrily. When he saw Long Yuan, his expression twisted for a moment and he forced out a smile, "Young Master Yuan, you know each other?"

Long Yuan did not answer, only giving a light hum, "Apologize to him."

The man's face was visibly ugly, "Young Master Yuan, I will not pursue this matter, but an apology would not be appropriate!"

An Awakened's status was high, and to apologize to ordinary people, in his opinion, was completely humiliating. If he did what he was told, how could he behave in the future?

"I think it's appropriate." Long Yuan raised his eyebrows.

At this time, the butler came with the cleaner in time, greeted Long Yuan, and asked Yu Ze about the situation, "What's going on?"

Yu Ze explained briefly, and as he spoke, the floor had already been cleaned.

The butler smiled and interceded, "Young Master Yuan, it was an accident. How about letting Feng Ze go back to rest first? He has an exam tomorrow."