chapter 62

H I S G O O D G I R L

Before I could speak little Emmanuel runs up to me

Before I could speak little Emmanuel runs up to me. He had a piece of cake in his one hand and the other was covered in frosting. He tugged on the hem of my dress and I smiled, looking down.

"Yes?" I softly ask and he raises both his arms in the air. I lift him onto my lap as we face Antonio.

"Wanna dance with me Nirah?" he asks, cheeks covered in frosting.

"Did you just ask my fiancé to dance?" Antonio asks in a playfully serious manner.

"Si," Emmanuel smiles. "Antonio you're no fun just sitting here. I will have fun with her. Right? You want to dance and have fun don't you?" he pouts.

"Yes, of course," I chuckle and he brightly smiles, hopping off of my lap.

He puts his little hand out and I take it, instantly feeling the frosting between my fingers but I didn't mind one bit. "Antonio she's my fiancé now," he sticks his tongue out, dragging me to the dance floor.

I turned back to him and playfully mouthed, "Your competition."

He grinned, shaking his head at me and I smiled as I followed behind Emmanuel.

antonio de luca

I watched as Emmanuel pulled her to where others were dancing. She had to crouch down a little as they walked to hold his hand entirely. They danced and soon many of my other little nieces and nephews joined them.

She completely crouched down to their level as they danced happily.

Soon they all embraced her in a tight, long hug. She had the purest and biggest smile as she talked, played and danced with them. Her eyes sparkled as they flickered between them.

I watched her joke and laugh with them.

They loved her.

I loved her.

"She's good with kids huh?" Alessandro - Aurora's husband - says.

I lightly smiled still staring at her and nodded in response. "I know what you're doing," I confess as I turn to look at him.

"You want children with her don't you?"

"Of course," I nod. "But it's too soon, no?" I ask and he stays silent. We both take a sip of our drinks and I sigh. "I'd have a hundred children with her if she asked. But I don't think that's what she wants right now and I won't force her."

"Will you ask her about it?"

"Only if she starts the conversation," I say looking back at her. "I'll wait."