Chapter 19- A Dragon, A Beach, And The Night

It's the calming before the storm
Alcohol sits nicely in your stomach warm
When you wake up hungover
You wish you were sober
I dance with the devil and drink with the demons
That'll sleep with death and fell short of breath
When you wake up hungover
You wish you were sober
Just be pretty but naive
Anything here is what you'll believe
Let the rhyme get stuck in your head
- Passion For Publication • Anarbor

When Eustace, as a dragon, finally landed on the beach, James was worn out. Though it was completely brilliant to have been lifted through the air by a being he thought was fictional- all of the excitement had tired him. It was as really, but ending up with his feet on the ground was enough to make his day.

Fretting horrendously, Caspian had pulled the blonde into his arms, and kissing the side of his head.

"I thought you were gone." He sighed, James noticing the tears in his eyes. Taking Caspian's face in his hands, and making sure that the King was looking at him, the Pevensie boy placed his lips onto the Telmarine's.

"You know I'm not leaving you." James whispered, with a broad smile. "But that was bloody brilliant."

Caspian's soon brightened with a chuckle. "I'm never going to understand you, am I?"

"It wouldn't be fun otherwise, would it?"

As they stood on the rocky shores of the island, Eustace was crying out in pain. Or, at least, he was as much as a dragon was able. He was attempting to remove a golden bracelet, stuck to his scaly arm.

    "He must have been tempted by the treasure." Edmund sighed, watching as his brother greeted Harvey, the two boy having spent as much time together as they had wanted.

  "Well, anyone knows a dragons treasure is enchanted." Caspian stated, nonchalantly, but shrank as soon as he saw the cold look James had shot him. "Well, anyone from here."

    Lucy took this as her cue to remove the item from her cousin. It seemed to be wedged onto his skin quite tightly, and when it had released his skin, he roared in agony.

    It was an interesting sight to say the least. James never thought he'd see a dragon, never mind his younger cousin turn into one. What was he supposed to do?

    "Is there any way to change him back?" Edmund questioned, though they were all sure they knew the answer.

  Caspian shook his head. "Not that I know of."

  "Aunt Alberta will not be pleased." The younger brother replied, rather frightened.

  "We can do some research, though." James offered, as nicely as he could. He wanted to help, but knew that would ever he did, might be overshadowed by a better idea. "I have a few book that Caspian brought, just in case."

    After a few noises of agreement, James knew no one really cared for his input. And that was alright, really. Not everyone was going to love everything he did all of the time; no matter how hard he tried.

Soon, Tavros called to the group of royals, and honoraries. "The boats are ready, Sire."

It was what spurred the out all of the thoughts they had been rejecting. Lucy, of course, was the person to bring it up. She was the most moral of everyone. "We can't leave him alone."

Nodding, James smiled. "I concur."

"Well, we can't bring him on board, Your Majesty." Drinian informed them. They all knew it anyway. Who was ever going to try and put a dragon on a boat in the ocean.

As the two lovers shared a look, Caspian seemed to know what to do. "Drinian, you and the others take one boat back. The rest of us will stay here till morning and... work out what to do."

"But you've no provisions." Rhince interjected, fearing for the royals. "and no means of staying warm, your majesty."

However, before an answer could come from any human, Eustace blew fire from his mouth and onto a line stick. It was warm, a nice change to the crisp air of night. "You were saying?" Reep chuckled, causing everyone else to do the same.

     When quite a lot of time had passed, everyone made themselves comfortable, and most had drifted off to sleep. The three Kings, however, had not. For some reason, the stars were more important than a slumber. They were far more beautiful than anything.

     Edmund had softly spoken after quite some time, almost afraid to break the silence. "I've never seen these constellations before.

  "Me neither." Caspian breathed.

  James looked up from his boyfriends chest, and raised an eyebrow with confusion. "Obviously, you two are both lacking severely in your reading knowledge. There's many books that talk about them, and their beauty."

  "Just as they do with you." Complimented the long haired King.

  Jokingly, James grinned. "You flatter me, Your Majesty."

  "Only the best for you, your majesty." Caspian replied, smoothly, lifting the blondes hand and pressing his lips to it, tenderly.

  "I don't want to hear you two flirting." Edmund groaned, rolling his dark eyes.

  "Then don't listen." The eldest Pevensie snapped, sharply, wanting to enjoy the moment. "I wasn't talking to you anyway."

  Turning on his side to get away from the lovers, the young Pevensie huffed. "I should hope not."

     "We're a long way from home." Caspian mumbled, running his calloused hands up and down James' side. He'd missed the intimacy moments like this seemed to hold. "When I was a boy, I used to imagine sailing to the end of the world... finding my father there."

  "There may be a time where you will." James pondered, his eyes focusing solely upon the dark eyed Telmarine. "So long as you take me when you get there."

  "Do you really believe i would ever leave you again?"

  The way the King smiled bared his teeth brightly, filled with glee. "I'd hope not."

  "You'd be right."

  "I've spent a lifetime here, and thought I would die here quite a long time ago." James stated, solemnly. "But every time, I've been pulled away. This time, I will go wherever you do. All I want is to stay close to you."

• - - •
1079
• - - •

Disclaimer!!!!
I don't own anything to do with the Narnia book series or film trilogy. These predominantly belong to C.S. Lewis. However, I do own James Pevensie, Alfie and Harvey Gallagher, and their respective alterations to the storyline.