43

You freeze in your spot, your fingers clinging onto Mia's arm and now the both of you have the eyes fixated on the creature that once was Miranda, or still is. You aren't sure if the lords were still their normal self once they transform.
A roar sounds through the air, the ground vibrates beneath you and your heart feels like a humming bird as a shadow approaches the hedge your behind.
It moves fast and your first thought is that a lycan was about to attack you.
Mia whimpers beside you and now her hand holds onto you as well, the leaves on the hedge start to shake and-

,,We have to get you out of here, quick", Daniela hisses the second she breaks through the branches and your heart partially gets lighter in relieve, but only a bit because the panic in Dani's eyes shows you that you are right.
Something went wrong.

Danielas strong arms grip one of your hands and Mia's wrist, and she doesn't hesitate to pull you off the floor and with her, back into the forest.
You have trouble following her, she did move quite quick, after all and Mia can be heard gasping beside you.
A shilling scream follows you and the hairs on the back of your neck stand up at how close that sounded.

'That wasn't Miranda, that was a lycan being killed, she isn't after us' you try to tell yourself to not bring yourself into more panic that you already are, but the second you see a black bird on your left, flying through the trees with three others following it, you know you are wrong.
It is Miranda and she is right behind you.

Flashbacks run through your mind from the last times you had the ''pleasure'' of meeting the ravens and you gulp in between your harsh breaths as one of the birds tries to get closer to you, its beak wide open though before it can reach you, a tree shows up right in front of it and with a dull sound the animal slams right against it.
Then there is a roar right above you and over the blood rushing in your ears you hear Daniela yell: ,,Mother, we are down here!".

Another roar, branches breaking and leaves rustling and then something closes around your waist, almost squeezing you and you loose the ground beneath your feet.
With widened eyes you watch how you get pulled up in the air, the trees beneath you getting smaller way too quick and you look over to Mia, who is in between Alcinas left claws and her face looked even paler than a sheet of paper.
Understandable, being about fifty feet in the air, dangling from the claws of a literal dragon wasn't exactly... Comfortable.

,,It would be for the best if you don't look down now", you hear Daniela yell and a short glance over your shoulder shows you that Alcina got her as well.
Raven crow around you, some shriek and some drop down dead once Alcina hit them with her massive wings, effectively protecting you and the others from their potential attacks.
You take a deep breath before you raise your arms and lay them around Alcina's claws, and it might not make you feel a lot safer, but it helps for some reason to calm your nerves a bit.

She was there, she wouldn't drop you, she would get you out of here.
For a moment you close your eyes until you make the mistake of looking down, just like Dani said you shouldn't do and your breath gets caught in the back of your throat when your gaze falls onto an even more disfigured appearing Miranda, raven flying around her like a threatening cloud and her thin arms reaching up as she seemed to grow toward you.
And she wasn't that far away anymore, Alcina started to slow down and those soulless eyes, filled with anger stare at you almost hungrily, she extends her arm and you feel like you entire body just starts to shut down, your limbs grown numb in panic and the corners of her mouth lift the tiniest bit as her fingers almost reach you.

You even raise your feet a little to get further away from her, but you know there is no escaping her.
A quick glance over to Mia shows you that Mia hadn't even noticed the new threat yet, she listened to Danielas advice.