Chapter Four: Detention

"It makes no sense. I know Snape's extremely biased towards other houses but he's still a professor, maybe he was trying to save you from someone?" Y/N asked, tilting his head.

"Exactly, you're rather fair for a Slytherin. Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" Hagrid questioned as the quartet followed behind him.

Just a few minutes ago, Harry had explained to Y/N what had happened in his quidditch match. They believed that Snape cursed Harry's broom and Harry was only saved by Hermione setting his robes on fire. Y/N didn't go to watch the game as he believed it wouldn't be interesting, instead opting to study in his room.

"Who knows? Why was he trying to get past that three-headed dog on Halloween?" Harry snapped sassily.

"Who told you about Fluffy?" Hagrid raised an eyebrow.

"Fluffy?" Ron grinned.

"He wasn't very fluffy." Y/N chuckled.

"That thing has a name?" Hermione asked, tilting her head towards Hagrid in shock.

"Well of course he's got a name. He's mine!" Hagrid exclaimed taking a bit of offense.

"I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the..."

Y/N raised an eyebrow.

"Yes?" Harry urged him to keep speaking.

"Shouldn't have said that. No more questions!" Hagrid changed the subject.

"Don't ask any more questions. That's top-secret, that is."

"But Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it." Harry whined.

"Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher." Hagrid argued.

"Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one. I've read all about them. And beside, if Y/N had seen it,  he would have agreed." Hermione said, turning her head towards the blue-eyed boy.

Y/N looked Hagrid in the eyes, pleading for help.

"You've got to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking."

"Exactly." Harry agreed.

"But what if he was protecting Harry from someone else? There were many people in the stands, it's impossible to identify a curse by just watching him make eye contact." Y/N sighed, dropping his shoulders.

"He's right. Listen to me, all four of you. You're meddling in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous." Hagrid scolded, raising his voice.

"What that dog is guarding is strictly between Prof. Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel."

"Nicholas Flamel?" Harry asked, ignoring what Hagrid had said previously.

"I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that." Hagrid mumbled before walking off, repeating himself.

"Harry, the professor's probably have this all handled. You're being nosy." Y/N sighed, scolding his Gryffindor friends.

"Who's Nicholas Flamel?" Harry questioned, ignoring the Slytherin.

"I don't know." Hermione looked away.

"Harry." Y/N called out as they started to walk away.

"You with us or not? We need you, Y/N. You're clever and quick-witted." Harry stopped in his tracks, staring at the conflicted blonde boy.

Y/N thought for a bit as the trio waited for him.

"You scared, Malfoy?" Ron teased him gaining a reaction from Y/N.