Welcome Elective Classes Irumi-chan!

A/N: special thanks to Meabh_Mcinness who made my entire week by doing fanart of this fanfic on AO3 titled Pop! Goes Kalego Sensei's stress level

___________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 22;

The Netherworld- the realm where all demons live. And the Monarch who rules is- The Demon King! However, the Demon King's throne has sat empty for ages. Only the most worthy will inherit this seat of sovereignty. But who will it be?

Irumi, age 14. One day she found herself the granddaughter of a demon named Sullivan. Sullivan loves and spoils Irumi and is even sending her to the most prestigious school in the land. But there are a few problems. 1. The school she is attending just so happens to be the demon school known as Babyls. 2. She is still very much human in her capabilities, knowledge, and mindset. 3. Should they find out the part of her being human- they'd take advantage of her. And 4. Her heritage and being is completely shrouded in mystery. Will this pitiful girl who was finally found by her Grandpa make a better life for herself in the Netherworld? One way to find out!

____________________________________________________________________________

The Netherworld sun barely rose in the sky when Irumi began her stirrings. She groaned while shifting around, her lower back-specifically her tailbone felt bruised and beaten up.

Sullivan awakened immediately at Irumi's shifting, sitting up bleary-eyed and relaxed. He still felt the signs of sleep trying to claim him once again despite the fact the sun was in its midst of rising. An oddity in itself within his lengthy existence, he has never slept this long nor satisfactorily.

Musing such thoughts, he drowsily looked down at his granddaughter through squinted eyes. Slowly reaching for his glasses as Irumi rolled, having stolen all the blankets and seemed to have moved to the other side of him at some point while claiming his hip as a pillow.

Unable to keep sound from leaving him; Sullivan began to chuckle at the sight, reminded strongly of both her parents at this moment. "Ru-chan, it's time to wake up." he mused out, gently resting his hand on a safe section of skin she didn't mind being held in her unconscious state- her elbow. Softly, he began to push pressure to help stir her further.

Irumi hummed drowsily, a trail of drool on the side of her chin as she picked her head up with her eyebrows furrowed and hair a mess; many strands falling out of the braid from last night.

"Time to get up, Pumpkin." Sullivan chuckled, smiling widely as she gave a grunt and laid her head back down in stubborn want of more sleep. "Nnnng..." was her reply, her fist curling around the blankets and re-tucked herself into a tighter cocoon. "Now, let's not be like that sweet pea." Sullivan urged with another hearty laugh. Getting out of her hold and moved off the bed.

Irumi gave a sleepy whine as she rolled, curling up onto the warm spot he left on the bedding, sighing in pleasure as she melted against the warmth; vividly reminded of what fresh sheets felt like directly out of a dryer.

Sullivan snorted upon witnessing, remembering a scene of when Tsubaki decided to take a nap with (on) his lordship and she acted quite similar. "Alright, come on; up we go." He wrapped his arms around her bundled form securely, picking her up with all the blankets she had wrapped herself in. Irumi barely shifted or peeked her eyes open as he began to move her out of his room into hers so she may get ready for the day.

Opera stood outside the door in the hall, a slight look of surprise on their face upon seeing Sullivan in his sleepwear despite the time. "Good morning sir," they greeted nevertheless. "Good morning Opera, can you get Irumi ready, it seems my sleepy grandchild wishes to stay asleep as long as possible this morning," Sullivan mused out, walking into her room as Opera opened the door for him. "Of course sir, it'd be my honor, your newspaper and cup of tea are already prepared for you downstairs." Opera informed as they walked over to their sleepy mistress that barely stirred in the bundle of blankets.