Chapter 16

Just a little filler chapter. ☺

Arriving in Seattle, I make it out of the airport unscathed. Thankfully, no paparazzi notice me as I leave, and i manage to get a cab to my home quickly.

The gates are locked when we arrive, and I press the buzzer, informing Mia I've arrived. She immediately opens the gate by the controls, and the cab drives up to the house.

She comes outside with her husband, Mac, and they both help me with my luggage. Mac pays the driver for me, as Mia helps me inside.
Once Mac comes in, he locks the door and rushes to me, hugging me tightly.

"Oh poppet, what has he done to you? I'm so sorry he hurt you. But I'm glad to see you back home." Mac says, smiling sadly at me.

I sob loudly, as Mia takes me from Mac and she hugs me, too. They lead me into the lounge and I sit with Mia in front of the fire, sobbing as she holds me.

When I eventually calm down enough to speak, I tell them everything, and by the time I'm done, Mac's spitting mad.

"How dare he? And you're pregnant, too? If he comes here, I'll kîll him." He declares angrily.

After Mia forces me to eat some soup, she leads me upstairs to my old room and helps me undress for bed.

"It will all work out sweetie, just wait and see. Even if he did what he did, you still have your baby to think about. Now into bed. Good night sweetie." She says calmly, and kisses me gently on the forehead.

Once she's gone, I think over what she's said. I'm all my baby needs for now, I should try not to let it get to me as much but wasn't sure how I'd do it.

For now, I just needed to stay away from Xavier Grayson, I just didn't need the stress or heartache.

Vote and Comment! Becki xx