12: meeting the parents

UPON RETURNING BACK

     UPON RETURNING BACK...

     to school, nothing much changed except for the fact that orimoto would constantly cling to chiyo if she wasn't with her boyfriend.

"chiyo-chan, how about we visit this ice cream stall after school today?"

     "chiyo-chan, are you free this weekend? we should go to the local concert together!!"

     "chiyo-chan, do you like—"

     "oi! what about us?!", mai intercepted, glaring at the dark-haired girl, who just spared the younger zen'in a glance before focusing back to chiyo.

     "so as I was saying, do you like—"

     "aoki", a familiar voice suddenly called out, causing the blonde second-year to look up from her homework.

"sukuna!"

excusing herself from her desk, orimoto pouted at the fact that the girl had left her there with the zen'in twins.

"stupid itadori", orimoto bitterly mumbled, as maki just snorted.

"you're telling me".

whilst the three girls chatted amongst each other, chiyo had met sukuna outside the classroom.

     "what can I do for you?", the second-year asked with a smile, as sukuna handed the girl her lunch like usual.

     "since tomorrow is parents' day, I'm assuming your parents are showing up?"

     chiyo hesitantly nodded.

     "I think so...my mom said that she'd try to make it back by today, but her flight's been delayed. so hopefully she'll make it back by this afternoon at the latest", chiyo explained.

     "if your mother doesn't make it, you can always join my family for lunch. my mother tends to make extra food for no reason at all", sukuna casually offered, deciding to not question the girl about her dad, as she didn't mention him at all.

"o-oh, I couldn't do that and just barge in—"

"you're not, I promise. anyways, see you after school", sukuna interrupted before chiyo could protest any longer.

"I-I suppose then..."

"good", sukuna muttered, cracking a slight smile, as he swiftly left.

chiyo stood there for a good moment, internally praying that her mother doesn't show up even though she really wants to see her.

'please let mama come home a day later so that I can eat with sukuna...oh wait, does that mean I'm going to meet his parents?! oh my tengen!! sukuna's parents!!'