Chapter 7 - Homophobic Straight Men

The next day was the weekend, and Ye Yao woke up with a planned invitation to Lu Xun.

Lu Xun readily agreed, and Ye Yao and I went out on the road to map out the day's itinerary as we walked.

"Watch a movie, eat some more, and buy some thicker clothes when the cold air comes in a few days. It's time to update our clothes, so see what you like then and I'll let you have it." Lu Xun said.

A few girls brushed past the two of them, and after a few steps probably thinking they couldn't hear them, started talking excitedly.

"Do you hear me, do you hear me, I'm depending on you, so spoiled ahhhhhh!"

"Oooh, full of old married feeling, I can't believe this is the way they get along in private, I'm knocked up!"

"It's true that the same models were bought together on purpose, so true, they're really real oooooooooh!"

Ye Yao :"......" that I faintly heard

Faintly embarrassed.

I wonder how Lu Xun feels when he hears that their friendship is being treated like love.

Ye Yao was suddenly wrapped in a hug and Lu Xun came up to whisper in his ear.

"You heard it, we have quite a lot of cp fans." Lu Xun, the straight man, said, with a bad smile on the corner of his mouth, "Not bad, the wise eye knows true gold, we are so true, the public's eye really does stand the test."

Ye Yao :"...... What are you talking about, you know what a cp fan is?"

"Of course I know." Lu Xun thought of the post he had read earlier and raised an eyebrow, "Look you don't surf the internet and you haven't heard of such a hot cp, obviously the forums are full of them. cp fans are people who think we are a pair and like to see us together, get it Ye students ?"

The girls' discussion was completely inaudible, but the cheerful scent they left behind still seemed to float in the air.

The word "together" is uttered by Lu Xun in a frank and natural tone, as if he doesn't see anything wrong with it at all.

Ye Yao looked at Lu Xun's dark eyes and suddenly opened his mouth: "Actually, this kind of post ...... is not good for you. Although you keep emphasizing that you don't like men, but people are so kowtowing around, the atmosphere is to the point where it is inevitable that some people will subconsciously think you like men, so they will come over and pester you again."

Ye Yao paused for a moment and saw Lu Xun furrow his gallant brows, his expression seemingly displeased, so he continued softly, "I'll go and see if they have a group or something like that then, and if they do, tell the admins to ...... stop talking about us like that on the public forum us anymore."

Ye Yao looks at Lu Xun's unruly brow.

For personal reasons, he was happy to see people talking about him and Lu Xun like that. But in reality, it's not good for Lu Xun, a homophobe.

Lu Xun didn't answer right away, he put his arm around Ye Yao's shoulder: "How do you feel?"

Ye Yao stared, "I don't feel anything."

"That's the end of it." Lu Xun said in a relaxed tone, smoothing Ye Yao's hair and saying lazily, "A great man once said, "The people like it, you don't like it, so who are you? You mustn't discourage the masses, you know, Comrade Ye?"

The corner of Ye Yao's mouth quirked up for a moment, then compacted again, slapping Lu Xun's disruptive hand away with a grimace.

Nonsense, that's not how the phrase was used!