Chapter 16 - A Time Away

Ye Yao's answer was a bit surprising to Lu Ming.

Of course he has many friends, but the friendship between him and his friends is a form of expression where you give me a punch and I give you a kick back, not a sticky one like Lu Xun and Ye Yao.

Lu Ming has no doubt that if he were to put this story on his head and tell the guys about it, he would get a lot of gloating jeers. Maybe he'd get some bullshit like, "It's only because Ming is so handsome that he's got Zero's heart in his mouth" or "I've got my heart in my mouth too, can Ming wash my socks for me?

In short, no one would be so calm as to analyse what that hairdresser did wrong.

What kind of person thinks from the perspective of a hairdresser?

But Ye Yao's answer was a million miles away from what he expected from a fishing system! This is not fishing, this is like taking apart a fishing rod.

Or is this the way of thinking of a rational academic?

The two conflicting points made Lu Ming hesitant to make an easy judgement, and he had to laugh: "You're right, Brother Ye is a real talent!"

Lu Ming was about to ask more when he was suddenly slapped on the head from behind.

"Why are you staring at someone's face like that? It's not polite." Lu Xun's voice came from the back, after he had finished lecturing his cousin in the toilet, he slowly returned to his seat and asked Ye Yao, "Did he bully you while I was away?"

Ye Yao shook his head, but Lu Xun was satisfied.

As the order was served, Lu Ming picked up his chopsticks and said angrily, "What the hell, I'm a nice guy, how can I bully people?"

Lu Ming has long been used to the rules at home and the snatching and grabbing when out with friends.

It's better to make the first move than the last! We're all friends, what's the point of talking about letting or not letting?

Although Lu Xun is his cousin, they have always been friends and Lu Ming has no qualms about going straight for the piece of meat he likes.

But before he could get to it, Lu Xun, who was sitting opposite him, made a lightning-fast move and took away what looked like a delicious gem.

"Ha, I haven't seen you for a while, but you're getting faster..." Lu Ming stopped mid-sentence, staring at the man across the table as if he had seen a ghost.

Lu Xun didn't eat what he grabbed, but put it in Ye Yao's bowl and said softly, "Try some of this, it looks delicious."

Ye Yao looked a little helpless, "No need to help me with this, you can just eat it yourself."

"That won't work, you certainly can't grab him, and you won't have any food if I don't help you." Lu Xun decisively refused.

Lu Ming, sitting across the room watching all this: "......"

What's happening, how he's about to be drowned in non-straight male light again! Ah, it's blinding!

Lu Xun is not even interested in giving food to others, isn't it true that Lu Xun doesn't bother with this kind of humanism?

Lu Ming recalls a document he once wrote, the title of which was - "How to tell if someone around you likes you".

There's a clause in there that seems to be about showing specialness and only giving food to a certain person at dinner?

Lu Ming thought about it and said in a joking tone, "Don't be so affectionate, I'm just here to eat dog food?"

In the face of this, Ye Yao wanted to say something, but Lu Xun laughed: "You are very self-aware, good, I will give you a big red packet when you go home in the New Year."