Chapter 28 - Coming out to live

Ye Yao was lying in bed when he heard Lu Xun's footsteps coming back to him under his bed.

Ye Yao didn't bother with him and faced Lu Xun with the back of his head.

The quilt on his back was tidied and flattened by Lu Xun, who helped him tuck it in.

"Don't be angry, I'll go to the museum with you tomorrow and make it up to you?" Lu Xun said, "I'm also angry, I'll be more careful next time."

Ye Yao didn't really think Lu Xun needed to stoop to his level and apologise, after all, he was the one who first joked about Lu Xun being a needle and Lu Xun retaliated. It was a normal interaction between friends, and he was lying on the bed in a moment of embarrassment rather than being angry.

Ye Yao's attention turned to what Lu Xun had said and frowned, "Why are you still going out tomorrow?"

He had spent the day with Lu Xun and that was more than enough.

"Don't want to go out? Then go to the library with you and read a book?" Lu Xun said again.

"Tomorrow," Ye Yao said vaguely, "I haven't thought about it yet."

The conversation came to an end and Ye Yao thought the night would be quiet, but the bed shifted slightly as if someone was climbing up.

Ye Yao turned around quickly and saw Lu Xun, who was halfway to his bed.

Ye Yao was shocked and reached out to stop Lu Xun from moving forward, "What are you doing? Didn't I tell you before that you're not allowed to sleep with me this term?"

Lu Xun explained, "You said there are a lot of classes this semester, so I need to sleep alone to keep up my energy. But tomorrow is the weekend and we don't have classes, so we can still sleep like before, right?"

Lu Xun paused for a moment and whispered, "We've been apart for five days at night and I miss you so much."

Ye Yao frowned slightly, not softened by Lu Xun's show of weakness.

It was an obvious loophole, but he had failed to notice it before.

If, according to Lu Xun, he sleeps in the same bed two out of seven days a week, there is no point in taking care to maintain a normal distance.

And Lu Xun is basically with him all day during the day on weekends. If only there was a way to reduce the amount of time Lu Xun spends with him during the day on weekends so he can stay busy and sleep at night with plenty of energy.

Ye Yao thought about the plan in his head while pretending to be angry and rejecting Lu Xun's request, "You don't know what you did tonight and you still want to sleep with me? Go back to your own bed."

Lu Xun, who had spanked Ye Yao in the heat of the moment, retreated to his bed, lost in defeat.

Ye Yao had an idea in his mind after a short period of reflection, but not too suddenly. The idea had actually been popping up from time to time since he started university, and he opened his phone to look for part-time jobs in the same city.

Ye Yao's idea was simple - he just needed to find a suitable part-time weekend job so that he could keep busy during the day and continue to use it as an excuse to turn down Lu Xun in the evenings.

There are many part-time jobs to choose from, such as leaflet distribution, weekend order taker at a fried chicken shop and weekend waiter at a milk tea shop, all of which are very popular with university students.

Ye Yao's mother was ill during high school and the family was under a lot of financial pressure, so he would work part-time after school to support the family.