Chapter 32 - Give up the illusion

Ye Yao returns to his house, sits down and makes himself a cup of tea.

Ye Yao smells the tea and composes herself in a low but somewhat wonderful mood.

He was expecting Lu Xun to leave. He had been friends with Lu Xun for many years, and it would be impossible to say that he wasn't sad to see the relationship end.

But at the same time, there is also a sense of relief when the dust has settled.

He no longer has to rack his brains to alienate Lu Xun, no longer has to tread carefully on a tightrope, in constant fear of a lightning storm.

Before he entered the examination hall, he told himself that he didn't have to be too nervous when he couldn't do a question because he had done his best to study, so even if he failed, he didn't have to beat himself up and get frustrated.

Now it's all over for him and Lu Xun, a friendship he has tried his best to preserve.

Ye Yao drains his tea in one go.

Go to bed, tomorrow it will be a new day and the sun will rise as usual.

*

Lu Xun's mind was almost blank as he ran out, with only Ye Yao's words to him floating back and forth.

I like being the one down there, I like being the one down there, I like being the one down there.

The words were more powerful than Tang Sanzang's incantation at the moment, and continued to circulate until Lu Xun came downstairs and was abruptly awakened by the chilly spring breeze that blew all over his face.

In the room, Ye Yao spoke those words just as the zero protagonist on the phone made a hundred twists and turns. In that moment, he had a vision of Ye Yao lying on the bed.

Ye Yao was wearing soft beige pajamas, his cheeks slightly red from the warmth of the quilt he was covered in. Ye Yao looks at him and smiles, reaches out and touches the knot in his throat.

Lu Xun hadn't really been touched by Ye Yao's throat knot, after all, it's an area that he doesn't touch in his daily life. But his whole scalp was tingling just imagining it.

Such a Ye Yao ...... is so different from the usual.

How can he fantasise about Ye Yao like that? What is the difference between thinking about Ye Yao like that and those bastards who insulted Ye Yao for wanting a man?

Once upon a time he was sick of people thinking that way about Ye Yao, and now he's become one of those people.

This undeserved imagination prompted Lu Xun to run away and not meet Ye Yao face to face.

Now Lu Xun is walking downstairs, circling the building again and again. He was so energetic that after a few laps at super speed he didn't feel tired at all, but rather a certain fire was burning in his heart Xiong Xiong and his mind was in a tizzy.

Ye Yao, being gay, prefers to be below, not above as he subconsciously assumes.

What to do?

Ye Yao was different from what he thought he was, how could it be different, it was different!

Lu Xun had been walking downstairs for I don't know how many laps when he suddenly woke up.

He left Ye Yao behind without saying a word, would Ye Yao misunderstand and think he was disgusted with him and despised him down there?

A cold sweat broke out on Lu Xun's back and he quickly took the lift back up to the floor where he lived, took a deep breath when he reached the door, straightened his clothes and carefully opened it.