Chapter 40 - I am his exclusive bear

Ye Yao certainly didn't get hit and crashed, but was still dragged around for a good inspection.

As he examined him, he watched Lu Xun's head come closer and closer to his neck.

He could even hear the faintest sound of Lu Xun's breathing, Lu Xun was breathing deeply, not knowing what he was inhaling.

"I didn't get hit in the neck." Ye Yao said.

"......" Lu Xun stepped back a bit to look at the uncomprehending Ye Yao.

Of course he knew that it was unlikely that he would get hit on the neck when he walked, he just ...... had some restraint.

He hadn't been able to suck on Ye Yao himself for a long, long time, or at best, on Ye Yao's clothes.

Ye Yao, now in living colour, is in front of him, so close to him that it easily evokes the deepest addictions of his heart.

Lu Xun rubbed his nose and said in a muffled voice, "It's always good to check just in case."

When Ye Yao didn't say anything, Lu Xun sat down next to him and continued to grill the meat.

"I overheard a lot of the conversation you had with that man just now." Ye Yao opened his mouth, "I'm sorry."

Lu Xun immediately retorted, "How can you call this eavesdropping? It's called listening openly, and this is your place, so you can come back whenever you want."

Ye Yao laughed, then put the smile away and continued, "After he gives up on you as a target, chances are he'll go for another boy."

"That would be best." A familiar flash of disgust and revulsion flashed across Lu Xun's face as he chucked the roast into Ye Yao's bowl and returned to his smiling appearance when he faced Ye Yao, "Enough about that, let's get on with it."

*

Back in the dormitory, Ye Yao is lying in bed.

He recalled every single thing that had happened today.

Lu Xun's overwhelming desire to be exclusive and possessive of him does not allow anyone to interfere with the absolute exclusivity between the two of them.

There was also a flash of disgust on Lu Xun's face, probably unnoticed by Lu Xun himself, when he mentioned that the boy might be looking for other men.

That's exactly the same resistance Lu Xun used to feel when he heard about homosexuality when he was a homophobic straight man.

This subconscious reaction is still present today when Lu Xun claims to have gone bent.

He didn't get to see Lu Xun's face when he was talking to the boy, but now that he thinks about it, it was probably one of extreme disgust and revulsion.

This makes him even more convinced that Lu Xun is still very straight, but that there seems to be a slight possibility of a bend in the straightness.

...... How can such an oxymoron exist.

Ye Yao is not very good at relationship matters and it is a rare enlightenment for him to realise that he likes Lu Xun. It is only normal for him not to be able to see that people are hitting on him.

Ye Yao's phone vibrated and he picked it up to see a message from Lu Xun.

Lu Xun: [Little penguin probe.jpg]

Lu Xun: [Can I get a passing grade on today's date?

Ye Yao thought about it and replied.

[That's not called a date today.]