Sickly? Husband's Contractual Wife

I’m Selena, a daughter born to a family well-known for their fertile women. I was all but sold off in a marriage to a sickly duke whose life hung in the balance, all for the sake of producing an heir for his family. They provided me a medicine purported to aid in pregnancy, and the astrologist advised me good days for sleeping together, but… there was no child.

“So, are there any signs of pregnancy?”
“Ah, I-I’m sorry.”
“You’re useless. What luck do you think won you the position of the duke’s wife?”

I couldn’t say a word.

‘No, excuse me. I only have to look at the sky to pluck a star. That’s how I attained this position.’ *

[(metaphor) Lit. Plucking a star from the sky: something that’s difficult to get/achieve)

***

A husband who doesn’t like touching me in the least.

But he’s still pitiful so let’s at least make him healthy by feeding him nutritious food, getting him to exercise, and I’ll taste test any doubtful food first personally. Once he recovers from my extensive efforts, I’ll sign an annulment paper and flee, but…

“You agreed to a contract to bear me an heir. But to think you would go back on your words…”

Although he’s in good health now, my “former” husband has become a bit too healthy.

“You’re healthy now!”
“The duties of marriage are sacred. I will collect my dues.”
“Wait. Wait! But we’re divorced? We’re no longer husband and wife…”

He smirked then took a piece of paper from his breast pocket and tossed it to me.

“We aren’t divorced yet.”

Huh?!

We have 30 chapters in manga for now so I'll talk about future plots....

Spoilers

About the ml's love for the fl:
-He realize his love when they 1st do the deed. At around chapter 65 as the previous spoiler posted but he was super sweet and do again the deed at around chapter 151 something like that. Yes, there lots of hot scenes. Lol. There are times that he did not let go of the FL for the whole day.

-The best thing in this novel is that the ML really love and cherish the FL even though she's infertile (base on chapter 171 ). I hope there will be side stories in the future coz I read using MTL only and Idk if the FL can cure her infertility

Her Fertility:
-I am skipping around but she’s definitely pregnant in volume 8. Raymond and Greta are back from banishment and there is mention of treatment so I guess that’s how her infertility is cured.

Wedding and ???👀
-FL is busy preparing for the wedding. Everyone in society wants an invitation to the wedding of the year. FL is stunned when she sees gold coins prepared with ML's and her face on it to be strewn on the streets during the wedding. We gain a little insight into ML's thoughts. He is still afraid that FL wants to leave him as she has already left before. He thinks FL is keeping a secret. He had tried to make her agree not to leave but she is unconquerable. Failing that, through her society debut, the wedding, and even gold coins strewn on the streets with her face, he will announce so publicly that she is his duchess that she can never leave. During wedding preparations there's a face off between OG FL Veronica and FL. FL realizes after hosting a tea party to smooth over relations with the noble ladies that the noble ladies that had ridiculed her were guided by Veronica. She doesn't understand why Veronica hates her. FL and ML agree not to invite Veronica and Crown Prince Lois to what is the most special day for them.