Chapter 42 - Wiping clean

Ye Yao takes Lu Xun's hand and walks through the amusement park at night.

Lu Xun helped him with the glowing clear balloons, which looked fantastic with the plush bears.

Lu Xun is usually a fast walker, but now he is walking more slowly than a snail.

"The ground is too dark and there are so many stones to trip over, the design is very inhumane." Lu Xun moved one step at a time, "Walk slowly, don't fall."

The playground floor is flat, where the rocks come from. Even though it was night, there was enough light to see the path underfoot.

Next to them was a fit little two-year-old looking child who ran ahead of them from the back and then looked back at their conspicuous pairing and giggled.

"Brother is walking so slowly, Xiong Xiong is walking so slowly." The child said, "Neither can walk as fast as I do!"

When the child was taken away by his parents, Ye Yao looked at Lu Xun.

"It's really hard to stand on two feet." Ye Yao said to Lu Xun, "After all, all the other bears walk on four feet."

Moving at tortoise speed, Lu Xun is not ashamed of his walking speed and shakes Ye Yao's hand in a vain attempt to draw the warmth from it through the plush leather cover.

Walk slower and they can hold on longer, maybe melt the holster and take Ye Yao's hand straight away?

"Human children nowadays are very good at walking on their own at such an early age, I'm not as good as them." Lu Xun says, "Unlike me, I would have lost my ability to walk independently without Ye students holding me."

Ye Yao did not say anything and after a long time they finally walked back to their original spot. Ye Yao let go of Lu Xun's hand, and three times in a row the bear's paw remained stuck to his hand.

Ye Yao: "...... moderation."

Lu Xun reluctantly took his hand off and left. The bear, who was unable to see the road, was now walking very fast again and soon disappeared from Ye Yao's sight.

The heat covering his palms dissipated and Ye Yao looked again at his hands with a soft sigh.

*

As Ye Yao had to go and help Wang Xue the next day, they did not go back to school but went straight to the house outside.

Lu Xun finally gave Ye Yao back the bear he had taken from him before he closed the door on the airsoft game.

"If you can't see me you can look at it more and allow it to be my replacement for a night for now." Lu Xun frowned reluctantly, "You can put it on the bedside table."

"This kind of toy will just go on the living room sofa." Ye Yao picked up the doll bear.

Lu Xun's frown tightened: "You think it's me and you can't bear to leave it on the sofa?"

Ye Yao thought about it and nodded, "That's a good point, we should throw it in the kitchen and put it in charge of watching the chopper."

Ye Yao bids farewell to Lu Xun who has a look on his face that says "hello cruelty". The door closes and he stands for a moment in the living room with his furry doll bear in his arms before walking towards the bedroom.

Ye Yao returned from a shower and sat on the edge of the bed staring at the bear for a long time before picking it up and putting it on the bed.

Ye Yao doesn't like to put anything on his bed, he only has a comforter and a pillow, no extra dolls or pillows.