Chapter 44 - From now on you are not my friend

It is only a few steps from the dormitory to the outside, and if the door is open Ye Yao can be out in the blink of an eye.

But the door was closed.

The door was even closed by Ye Yao himself, as he wanted to watch variety shows with Lu Xun without being disturbed by the sounds from outside.

Unlocking the door and pulling it open are two simple actions that in normal times would be inconsequential, but now they are the difference between success and failure for Ye Yao.

Ye Yao is held tightly.

"What are you running for?" Lu Xun's low voice sounded behind him.

It was difficult for Ye Yao to answer this question, and he slowly turned back to meet Lu Xun's direct gaze.

Lu Xun's face is smooth and sharp in its contours, and his eyes are narrow with deep sockets, giving him an oppressive look when he looks at someone without smiling.

Lu Xun narrowed his eyes slightly, "Not even giving me an explanation, running away after ruining my innocence?"

Ye Yao couldn't say that he didn't mean it as a defence - because it was indeed deliberate on his part.

He deliberately tested Lu Xun, deliberately guiding his to put his head up and then turning his head for a kiss when he was unsuspecting.

"...... sorry." Ye Yao said, "It was my fault."

"An apology? I don't want an apology from you." Lu Xun gave a meaningless laugh as he pressed further into Ye Yao's ear, air currents running into Ye Yao's ear as he spoke, "It's the first time I've ever been kissed, you know?"

Ye Yao knew, of course, that again, it was just the first time he had kissed someone.

...... But then again, accidentally brushing the corner of your lips like that shouldn't really be considered a real kiss.

Such a not-quite-kissing gesture caused a chain reaction he didn't expect.

It's not that he's repulsed or unable to accept it, it's just that it's so sudden that he inevitably feels ...... nervous at this time of transition in his relationship with Lu Xun.

Ye Yao said tentatively, "Or should I recuse myself for now and we can talk about this later?"

Lu Xun steadied his voice and refused, "I don't want to talk about it later, I want to talk about it now, you've ruined my innocence and I want compensation."

Lu Xun just stared at Ye Yao for a moment.

He was so close to Ye Yao that he inhaled the scent of Ye Yao's clothes into his nostrils. He was surrounded by a fragrance that belonged exclusively to Ye Yao and that he would never forget.

His face was still warm and hot where Ye Yao's lips had brushed against it, and Lu Xun's throat twitched slightly as he restrained his hand from moving and gently cupping the snow-white cheek.

The feel of the hand was a million times better than he could have imagined, and just the simple touch of it made him tremble with excitement.

Ye Yao's lips pursed as he cupped his face, the flesh of his cheeks puckered slightly as he pressed them together. It was almost as if every inch of it had grown to that favourite spot of his.

Lu Xun felt his throat go dry and thirsty as he lowered his voice to coax, "You let me do what I just did, give you a kiss, and do things fairly, right?"

The eyelashes of the person in front of me are long, and when they twitch they look like the wings of a black butterfly, with a fragile beauty.

Ye Yao also looks tense, pinned against the door by Lu Xun, with the bustling corridor just beyond it and the faint sound of other hostelers talking and footsteps as they pass by.