When you're on your Period (Again)

Sooo it's shark week for me again and I'm in pain and I'm moody so I made this comfort chapter to read and cringe at XD

To all my fellow ladies suffering from the menses, I hope y'all find some sort of comfort in this chapter.

It's gonna be a little bit different, causeeeee it's all on Lukas point of view 🤣

-

Lukas Pov

My heart started beating frantically against my chest, my eyes wide in horror as I look at my phone.

No matter how many times I spam call or text her, Juleka won't pick up.

No. Please Jules I need you right now.

I gulped, sweat starting to form on my forehead as I debate on calling (Y/N) or not.

I could risk waking her up and getting her cranky for the rest of the day, or I can just rummage for those pads on my own.

I might embarrass myself in the process, but hey, my girl needs me.

Okay, you got this Luka. Do not panic. You've got work to do. Soo, no panicking when she needs you.

I walked inside the store, dread slowly welling inside me as I find the aisle for feminine products.

Blush quickly started to creep up my cheeks when I realized that I was the only guy in the area, I look totally out of place.

It's to late to back down now, I'm already here and I don't have that much time. (Y/N) must be in alot of pain right now.

Oh no.

Oh no no no.

Are these all pads and tampons? This many?!

Lord, have mercy.

Slowly making my way towards the nearest shelf of pads, I started reading through the names on the front.

My mind buzzed and went haywire in confusion as I quietly read the names, I didn't know there were these many kinds of pads.

This mission would be a whole lot easier if Juleka was here. She'd usually be the one to buy the feminine products, while I buy the painkillers and sweets.

With all the rambling and panicking I've been doing, I wasn't able notice the woman standing beside me earlier.

She had this smile on her face and it just made me even more embarrassed.

"I-im just shopping for my girlfriend." I nervously said, adding an awkward chuckle in the end.

I didn't want to make things more awkward so I decided to look at the shelves, look deep in thought. It's as if I know what I was doing.

And she left, thank heave- wait. What did she grab? Maybe I should get the same thing, I think they're all the same anyways.

They can't be that different, can they?

I can't remember the pads (Y/N) usually uses, I think it's a- Ugh, what was it again?

Yeah, I totally forgot.

But I do remember one thing, it ended with an X.

I started to panic once more when I realized that most of the pads here ended with an X, I'm doomed.

Deciding to just try and do a random pick, I grabbed the first pad I saw. Confusion started to ponder when I saw a similar pad, but with a different colour.

"One is flowers and the other one is.. sports?" That's not even helpful, I have no idea what the difference of these two pads are.

If I was a woman, would I rather have flowers or sports pads on my- eek! No!

That's not helping either. I guess sports are nice, I think? But f-flowers are also nice, I guess?

I guess we'll go with flowers then, that wasn't to hard. I started to grab a few of the flower ones, but then I stopped in my tracks.

Why are there different colours?

I don't know if it's important, or it's a style thing, but now I don't know what to get. I'm back at square one. Then I started to ponder once more when I found out about sizes.

How the heck am I supposed to know what size she is?

There must be something on the box that can tell me something, maybe a sizing chart.

After another few minutes of reading, I've learned that the colors determine the size of the pad, and the size determines the grams. Grams of what?

Do girls actually measure how much they- how does that even work?

Trying to shake off these icky thoughts, I went back to focus on the more important part. Maybe it doesn't matter.

I continue to read in the back, my eyes widening slightly with each word I read. I didn't know girls suffer through this kind of pain every month, it makes me feel slightly horrible.

"... Reduces the chance of toxic shock syndrome?! I-i uh, can these things hurt you?" I whisper-yelled to myself.

Why do these things even exist then? They're just fancy cotton balls, they shouldn't be to dangerous.

My mind started to wander, and the fear welling inside me began to bubble. What if I got the wrong one and toxically shock her?

This sounds sort of fatal, I'm definitely going to look it up later.

But I don't have the time right now. She's probably awake by now, alone and bleeding her gut out. (Y/N) needs me by her side and I'm not there to-

My silent ramble was cut short when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

A light of hope sparked inside me as I immediately dug into my pocket for the phone, silently mumbling a prayer.

I was overjoyed to see the name on the screen.

It was Juleka.

We're gonna have a long talk about pads and tampons after this, I'm not going to risk another situation like this ever again.

I immediately called her, I was frantic, yet relieved when she answered.

"Jules, I'm in a real pickle this time." I heaved out, a small grumble escaping my lips when I hear her hearty laugh from the other side of the call.

"Big brother, we've already talked about this before. And I already showed you what to get her at this time of month." She answered.

"I kinda forgot. I need help." I sheepishly said, rubbing the nape of my neck as blush started to creep up my neck once more.

A sigh escaped her lips "Fine. You owe me for this one though."

-

I had fun writing this one XD this scenario was written ages ago! I just didn't know when or how to write it. I'm glad I finished it now, it turned out kinda funny lol

I hope y'all enjoy this one! I'll be going back to writing those requests I've chosen soon :3

If y'all want to submit a request, make sure to comment on the REQUEST PAGE chapter in this book so that I'd be able to find it more quickly ^^

See y'all on the next chapter!