33.

PHASE TWO: FOUR YEARS LATER

      A brand new bouquet of edibles sat near the edge of Asha's office desk awaiting her acknowledgement

A brand new bouquet of edibles sat near the edge of Asha's office desk awaiting her acknowledgement. She, however, used her company laptop to take part in the weekly recap meeting while she also took notes in her work journal. The finance director had gone over what he needed to but seemed to continue his rant as if they had all the time in the world. Half the people in the meeting were working from home unlike Asha and him which made him believe others had nothing else to do.

"Okay, thank you," Asha closed his rant once he took a pause to laugh at his own joke. "So far I've heard from everyone except you social media. What's going on with our reach and engagement for the week?"

The subtle sigh the social media lead released before going into her explanation told Asha she'd be meeting up with her for a one-on-one Monday morning. As the director of marketing operations for a cosmetic company, Asha carried various departments under her wing. It could be a handful but two years into her role she was getting a might good grasp on how to effectively run things.

It wasn't where she expected to be in her career journey since it was far from the music industry, but she was actually happy. Before she was given the opportunity, by a fellow USF alumna, she had a remote job as a content writer. It satisfied her ability to travel city to city and country to country but after awhile she wanted to be in one place with an actual interactive job. Through her traveling she met the woman who told her about the position and helped get her on board.

"Alright," Asha clicked her pen and placed it down. "Everything has been covered and we've briefly discussed strategies for quick improvement. Per usual, I'm going to email a briefing with a time for each of us to meet individually and talk specifics. I'll see everyone Monday."

She gave everyone the chance to say their farewells before she closed the meeting and shut her laptop. It was her last task of the day which meant she could clock out and head home, but instead she leaned back in her chair. She had a stare down with the edible arrangement that had been there since her lunch break. The card didn't need to be read for her to know the sender which had her ready to throw them away.

"Let's take it home," she got up from her seat and packed her things to go.

With a ton of things in hand including the edible arrangement, she hit the button for the elevator to arrive. It carried her down to the lobby floor where she received an incoming call. He must've known she was ready to throw his arrangement away. With a giggle, she tossed the fruit in the trash and declined his call before placing him upon her block list.

Their time together had been brought to an end and she had no intentions of allowing him to take back his decision. Nothing else needed to be discussed.

She drove across the city in her Tesla to Pembroke Pines where she resided in a three bedroom townhome. Immediately, she noticed her old Chevy Malibu parked in the driveway which meant her brother was there. She collected her things and climbed from the car ready to see exactly why he was already at her house when school let out only two hours ago.