Jealous Brothers || 13

it was one of those fortunate days when jungkook had agreed to bring aera to the gym with him, even though the most he knew she could do was whine about it and keep sulking the entire day, but today is a busy day and having a sulking a teenager by his side isn't something he wishes. so instead of telling her no, he asked jimin to join them as well, just so he could work out without any disturbance.

as of now, it seems like a distant goal. jimin had strategically flipped his 'babysitter' card on the younger brother and started working out himself, leaving it for jungkook to entertain aera and let him excercise in peace.

"come on, ri, sit there, i've got a few miles to run." the brother sighs, hearing chuckle from jimin who is watching them unbothered while continuing with his pull ups.

"alright," jimin jumps down, nodding his head for aera to come to him, "how about you join me?"

"in what?"

"push ups?" he suggests, wiping some sweat from his locks in a towel and takes the position on the floor, "come."

"no, how about i help you?" the girl says, sitting in front of him, with her pack of jellies that jungkook just gave her before coming here.

"help me how?"

"i will count for you," she states, giggling as jimin shakes his head, beginning with the push ups, while aera starts to count with every dip and rise his body makes, flexing the muscles in his arms along with the beads of sweat on his forehead, that aera always ran away from, calling their sweaty and stinky state 'icky'.

jimin doesn't mind when the sister's counts become faint, almost hushing mixed with the deep breaths of people working out and machines operating in the gym. he looks up from the floor, realizing aera's attention is on something else now that has her mind distracted enough to bring forty-three after fifty-seven.

"ri?" jimin calls.

"hm? yeah? fifty-four, fifty-five, fifty-"

"forty-six," he corrects, chuckling at her and continues with the last few push ups until he reaches fifty and finally stops.

"oops" aera scrunches her face, following the brother up, eyes occasionally glancing at the side, a feet away from where jungkook was, finding the same person who stole a part of attention a few moments ago, following up her brother on the treadmill beside him.

"are you not going to run?" she asks.

"not today-"

"why? you should run, koo is running alone... he must be feeling so lonely."

"he's fine," jimin glances at the brother, "we should go now."

"no! i mean, i didn't exercise yet."

"you said you don't want to...?"

"now i want to." she nods, handing him the jellies and dusts her hands, "why did koo give me this? i'll get fat oppa. now i have to burn those calories."

"uh okay?" jimin frowns, giving a look of confusion to the sister whose sudden boost of energy and the will to exercise has him questioning if jungkook put something in the jellies to convince her to exercise.

"i should do a run." she says quickly, stealing another glance at the boy, which jimin noticed this time, following her gaze and blinks a few times, reminding himself that his baby sister is now thirteen, and teen crushes are too common. but not so soon!

"i... i think, you can go for a run later in the evening." jimin says, putting his arm around her smaller body and starts walking towards the exit.

"no, i'll do it here, right now."