01 | Chelsea's training ground.. you know.. the football club?

The Past

The Past

My eyes followed my mother as she paced around the house looking for who knows what to prepare for her first day of her new job. She hasn't had a job since she's had me and my older brother so I understood how anxious she was right now but it doesn't mean I found it any less entertaining.

"God, where is my wallet?" My mum muttered under her breath. I took a bite out of my cereal as I continued to stare at her. She was stood in the middle of the kitchen turning her waist around to check her surroundings. She scanned every inch of the room and still couldn't see her wallet was placed right next to my bowl of cereal.

"It's right here, mum," I said, lifting her wallet up in the air and shaking it as though it would attract her attention. She quickly lifted her head up like a deer hearing a stick crunch and dashed her way towards me.

"Don't laugh at me." She snatched her wallet out of my hands, a ghost of a smile on her face. I took another bite out of my cereal as I watched her take a few steps back to show off her appearance, "right. How do I look? Am I presentable enough?"

"Like a sexy Journalist!"

"Do I really look that inappropriate?" Her face dropped, "it's the skirt isn't it? Fuck, I knew it was too short."

"Mum!" I laughed at her sudden language. She wouldn't dare to swear in front of her kids on a normal day. "I was just kidding. You look very professional and you shouldn't worry about anything."

She sighs, "I know. It's just I haven't worked in so long and I'm still really surprised the company would take me back after so many years.."

"Just shows how good you were before." I said finishing the last bit of my cereal. She kissed my temple, appreciating my compliment.

"Right let's get you to school."

————————

I stared at the school entrance through the car window as my mum gave me a list of things I had made sure to pack for today. "Oh, and don't forget I can't pick you up from school anymore so from now on you're going to have to walk home." I nod at her, already memorising the route to my house. She kissed me on my forehead and I wished her good luck before entering my school.

Walking through the halls, my eyes immediately spotted my friends gathering around my locker.

"You're a little late today.." Willow said as I picked out the book I needed for first period. Willow is my all time best friend. We've known each other since year seven after a simple conversation about cake and that was enough for her to invite me to all of these gatherings with her friends. They eventually became mine too and we've all been inseparable since.

"Yeah, it's mum's first day at her new job and wanted to look perfect." We all giggled at the thought.

"Shall we go then?" I turn around to see Tyler. My long time crush and one of the many close friends I have. We've been friends ever since Willow introduced me to her friend group and we just clicked. Other than Willow, he's the person I would always rely on. There was always something new to love about him, his hair, his smile, just his whole being makes me melt. We've had some moments together and an occasional kiss but it never goes any further than that. We'd always sit down and result to just being friends, but of course I hated the idea..