02 | I'm like a magnet to the ladies

————AFTER SCHOOL————

As soon as the bell rang the halls crowded within seconds of students wanting to escape this place as fast as they could. I was by my locker with Willow by my side waiting for me to finish unpacking.

"Why are you putting so much stuff in your locker?" Willow asked, impatiently bouncing up and down, she wants to get out of this place as much as I and every other student did.

"I don't want to break my back while walking." I said placing the last book into my locker.

"Are you coming with us to watch the boys train?" I shook my head and began walking down the now almost empty hallway.

"No. I'd rather get a head start with my walk." I smiled at her. I wanted to get home to my bed as soon as possible.

"Man.. you never come to training... You really should come one time.." I gave her a knowing look and she sighed in defeat, "Ok, if there's a problem text me. Oh! And text me when you get home."

"Since when were you my mother?" I laughed as she flipped me off before we parted ways.

The walk was a lot more peaceful than I anticipated. I observed my surroundings, taking in small breathes of fresh air, listening to the leaves rustle against the wind and the birds chirping along with it. I had forgotten my earphone so I was stuck with the sound of nature and my thoughts. It really was therapeutic. My main thoughts were stuck on Tyler and how I wished for something more to happen. If I really told him how I felt would he feel the same? But what if he doesn't? What does that mean for our friendship? I hated the thought of never speaking to him again so I drifted off into my little fantasies about him.

It was about 7 minutes into my walk, still on the same concrete path, constantly walking in a straight line. There was now a tall black fence to my right with bright green fields on the other side which must've meant I'm at the training grounds. I tried recalling what area of the grounds I should turn to to approach my street but a loud bang was heard to my right, interrupting my thoughts. I jumped back in shock and saw a football roll into my peripherals along with a man running towards me.

As he got closer the more evident his feature became and I've got to say, I've never see a pair of eyes so captivating... The more I bored into them the more it reminded me of the Autumn season. The brown resembling the leafless trees and the Autumn leaves scatter all over the ground, as well as the shiver I'm feeling up my spine just like the cold breeze the leaves flow through. But I also felt warmth in my chest. Almost like when you have hot chocolate on a cold Autumn night. It was the perf—

"The ball didn't hit you so why are you staring at me like that?" And just like that I no longer found him attractive. I pulled myself out of a daze and gave him an apologetic look. "I guess I'm that attractive then." He said, confidence and arrogance evident in his voice. He lifted the ball up with his foot in hopes to impress me but it only annoyed me more. "Not impressed?" He said and continued to do more tricks with the ball but I had no signs of affection or fondness what so ever. I always found guys with too much confidence and a huge ego incredibly unattractive for two main reasons. They're usually complete assholes and they feel they are too proud to treat a girl right. He continued to try and impress me with his tricks but I wasn't having it. I just wanted to go home to my bed..

I rolled my eyes, "What do you want me to say? Holy fuck you're so good at football," I said in the girliest voice I could master, fanning my face and pretending to faint, "gosh you're just so talented! You must have all the girls."

He smirked. He knew I was joking but deciding to take the compliment anyway, "what can I say? I'm like a magnet to the ladies." And with that I bursted out laughing and continued to walk away from him. Staying around him for too long could lower my IQ. "So what's your name?" I glanced over to my right again to see the stranger walking along with me on the other side of the fence.

"Don't you have a football to kick around?" I said, hoping he would get the hint. He was starting to get on my nerves and all I wanted was to get home as fast as I could so I could have a nap. His presence was exhausting me.

"I do, but I'd rather talk to a pretty girl like you." I rolled my eyes, cringing at the compliment and continued walking. "Ok fine, I'll try and guess.."

I let out an exasperated sigh. As soon as I think he couldn't get any more irritating, he opens his mouth wider, "you're really annoying you know tha—"

"Cadence? No wait you don't look like a Cadence.. Alisha, Katrina, Hayley, Chloe, Jayden, Emil—"

"My name is Nora!" I blurted out hoping he would shut the fuck up, "are you happy now?" I picked up my pace a little hoping it'll lose him but let's face it, I'm walking in a straight line and I'm not as fit as Mr. Athlete over here.

"We'll it's nice to meet you Nora! I'm Mason." I stopped walking and sent him a fake smile. Maybe if I'm nice to him he'll go away.. It was then when I looked at him, his eyes had managed to trap me once again, sending both chills and warmth through my body. "What's got you walking around in—"

"MOUNT COME ON WE'RE ALL WAITING!" I only assumed his coach screamed out. A little annoyed, Mason looked back to respond to his coach which finally freed me from his eyes. I shook my head, internally scolding myself for getting so lost in him. His beautiful eyes don't match the guy's personality...

"It was nice meeting you Nora. I hope to see your pretty face again soon." He winked at me and laughed at my disgusted expression. I certainly hope to never see you again. I don't understand how confident he is. He can clearly see I'm not interested but still tried to talk to me.

How annoying.

I watched him walk away from me, him looking back every so often with an amused smile on his face. I had to make sure he wouldn't come running back to my side again so I kept staring at him until he reached a certain distance between me before I continued to walk home, a little more quicker this time. He felt like a tiny rock in my shoe, constantly poking at my foot to annoy the fuck out of me.

 He felt like a tiny rock in my shoe, constantly poking at my foot to annoy the fuck out of me