Chapter 27

I stared at the steaming cup of tea in front of me as both of my hands cupped them, trying to warm myself up.

I was in the Jones' residence because they offered me a place immediately after finding out that I practically live alone in my own house.

My phone dinged and I glanced at it, the notification lighting up the screen.

Next match in 2 days, 8:00pm. Don't be late -Lev

I chewed on my inner cheek. I hate these kind of moments where you and your thoughts are left alone. It causes me to overthink too much and builds up the suppress regret for every choice I made.

A hand landed on my shoulder and I felt a thumb rubbing small circles on my shoulder blades. "What's got you so tense?" Adam's voice filled the kitchen as both of his hands landed on my shoulders and started massaging them skillfully.

I sighed in content as I rolled my head back. That's the spot. I thought happily as his hands kept massaging, moving around and kneaded the knots on my arms.

"Case?"

I hummed in response and it took me a moment to realize that he asked me a question.

"Nothing important." I dismissed nonchalantly and it was. I came out of the fight unscathed and with an extra 2 grand that I managed to slip into Carla's hospital room unnoticed that afternoon while she was having one of her naps.

She's been weaker and has been needing more rest as the days flew by and it pained me to see her so frail looking and pale.

You're doing something to help. My conscience consoled and I nodded mentally at her words. That evening, Adam called me to tell me how an anonymous donator has dropped 2 grand for his mother's medications and I didn't have to pretend. I was as ecstatic as he was as he talked animatedly on how this can help with the bills piling up.

I smiled sweetly, waving off his concern. "I'm fine," and I was. I felt like gold. The fight from the previous night didn't even leave a scratch on my porcelain skin.

"What were you thinking about?" He asked and I could hear the smile in his voice as I felt my body got rigid ever so slightly before I caught myself and forced it to relax once more.

I wanted so badly to just spew all of it our but I knew that he would disapprove of my actions, saying things like it was too dangerous.

It sure didn't feel like it last night. My conscience reminded and I smiled at reminiscing my win over the first round that night.

(I know you wanted to read this from the start, enjoy. 🙃)

I locked eyes with my opponent of the night and I eyed him cautiously.

As expected, the guy was.. Intimidating. No, scratch that. Let's be frank here, he's abnormally huge. There, I said it. Abnormally huge with a pea sized head compared to his built.

I watched as he stepped over the ropes instead of slipping through them and forced myself not to show any signs of emotions. His face was stoic and expressionless as I watched his every move like a hawk and vice versa.

I let all my nerves unravel and let my instincts take over.

When the bell rang and the guy started circling me, I stayed still before following his lead, shifting my body to face him.

I didn't let my eyes off him and his eyes narrowed before he finally decides to start the fight by attempting to throw a punch. It was a pretty good punch in his defense but he was too slow and before he could register a thing that was going on, I dodged the hit by diving in.