Chapter 22

Cannon Fodder Chapter 22: Phoenix Awakened 22: Rob

Yu Ze's smile froze on his face as he hurriedly walked up to Long Yuan.

Two soldiers bestialized their hands into beast claws and stared at Long Yuan warily. One soldier saw what Long Yuan looked like and exclaimed, "Young Master Yuan!"

They belonged to the Long Family Legion. Long Yuan had been exercising in the military since he was a child so they knew Long Yuan very well.

Long Yuan was indifferent, dropped his eyes to look at Yu Ze, reached out and pushed Yu Ze to the side and attacked the two soldiers. Although he felt satiated by the animals for food, he was still mentally hungry. He could spare Yu Ze, a delicacy, for the time being. He decided to have a small snack first.

Yu Ze was unprepared and was pushed away, stumbling two steps to the right and holding onto the tree trunk in time to stabilize himself.

Long Yuan and the two soldiers were already in a struggle.

Yu Ze's face turned pale, "Stop fighting!"

Long Yuan stopped moving for a moment and his long, jade-like fingers sprouted long black nails and swung towards one of the soldiers.

The soldier's jaw tightened and he raised his bestial fingers to block the blow, but his strength was not enough to resist and he fell backwards.

"Shing!" The other soldier spoke out anxiously, scurrying between the two as Long Yuan lunged toward A'Cheng, and tangled with Long Yuan.

The soldier was no match for Long Yuan. He barely managed to drop back to avoid Long Yuan's nails on his neck, but he was kicked away by Long Yuan the next moment without any problem.

Long Yuan looked at the two soldiers who were lying on the ground without any resistance, raised his hand to his eyes and looked at them. He pressed his five fingers to his palm in turn, the black nails wavered, and he felt inexplicably unhappy. He frowned.

This emotion flashed past and he dropped his hand. He licked his canine teeth and walked towards the two soldiers. He knew the two could not escape and walked slowly, with a carelessness that to the two soldiers was like a knife hanging over their heads, not knowing when it would fall. This made them even more frightened.

"Don't hurt them." Yu Ze ran close and grabbed his arm, his face serious. No matter what, nothing must happen to the two soldiers, or else Long Yuan would feel guilty and blame himself after he was relieved of the poison, and he would also be condemned for it.

Long Yuan tilted his head and his voice was gloomy, "You like them? You want to leave with them?"

Yu Ze hurriedly shook his head and grabbed his arm tighter, "No, I won't leave with them either."

"I want to eat." Long Yuan said again.

Yu Ze was stunned, "Haven't you just eaten?"

Long Yuan caressed the side of his neck, "It's not good."

Yu Ze understood this feeling; often wanting to eat but not hungry, a constant need of wanting something to eat. He tilted his head, avoiding Long Yuan's fingers, which soon came back up.

Yu Ze looked at the two soldiers and pulled him to the other side, "I'll get you some other animals to eat, maybe they'll taste better than deer and rabbits."

Long Yuan stood still, "They're good," he added, "but not as good as you."

Yu Ze looked him in the eye, "You can't eat them. If you eat them, I won't give you any more food."