Chapter 23

Cannon Fodder Chapter 23: Phoenix Awakened 23: Delicious

Long Yuan and the zombie beast instantly fought, the two attacked so fast that a glance at them showed only their shadows. Yu Ze stood on the sidelines and watched nervously, he wanted to help but couldn't find the opportunity to do so.

After he was successfully Awakened as an Advanced Awakened, his physical quality was much stronger than before but the combat skills could not be learned overnight.

Long Yuan's combat power was high. He was good at both boxing and kicking, and his aura was fierce. Although the zombie beast was only on an intermediate level, it had wings, attacked and retreated quickly, and was always able to avoid Long Yuan attacks.

Long Yuan punched towards the side of the beast's face. The beast bent down to dodge and its body drew a semicircle, long black nails steeply emerging from the left rear to attack Long Yuan's neck. Long Yuan bowed to dodge and quickly transformed his fist into claws. While the zombie beast moved forward with the inertia, Long Yuan fiercely grabbed the zombie beast's right shoulder. The zombie beast's right shoulder suddenly dented and its right hand weakly hung down.

The zombie beast screamed in anger but it did not retreat, and its long black nails on the left hand thrust toward Long Yuan's eyes.

Long Yuan reacted quickly, dodged sideways and raised his left hand to grab its hand. The zombie beast grunted lightly, faked a move and immediately aimed at Long Yuan's wrist. Long Yuan hurriedly withdrew his hand but could not avoid it. His left wrist was cut from the side by the nails of the zombie beast and folded inward.

Yu Ze cried out in shock but hurriedly shut up, worried about the impact on Long Yuan.

Long Yuan's white porcelain face was filled with anger. He ignored the wound on his hand and kicked the beast in the abdomen. As the beast staggered, long black nails emerged from Long Yuan's fingers and were aimed straight at the beast.

The zombie beast panicked to avoid it and only saved its eyes, but it's neck had a large piece of flesh torn off. His head immediately became abnormally crooked.

"Jie..." The zombie beast let out a sharp, piercing cry and swept backwards with a fierce flap of its wings, glaring indignantly at Long Yuan. It thought Long Yuan had only become a zombie beast and even if he was advanced, it would still be able to fight him. But it did not expect to meet a hard scum.

The zombie beast gave a strange cry of indignation again, and its fond gaze fell on Yu Ze. Long Yuan stared at it grimly, his toes moving slightly. The zombie beast's wings flapped and it turned to fly away, disappearing in the blink of an eye, fleeing.

Long Yuan lifted his finger and pointed in the direction it left, and let out a sound of disdain.

Yu Ze rushed to Long Yuan's side and looked worriedly at his left wrist, "Does it hurt?"

Long Yuan replied, "No," his face was filled with anger but he casually waved his hand, the folded wrist following in a swing, "It won't affect the attack."

Yu Ze looked alarmed and hurriedly grabbed his arm, "Don't move."

He held Long Yuan's hand and carefully examined the wrist, which was almost half cut by the nails of the zombie beast. There was a neatly cut fracture and a black section, not at all like a human hand.

He pursed his lips and his heart contracted violently, such a Long Yuan made him uncomfortable.

He must hurry to get an antidote!

Long Yuan looked down, the sunlight came through the leaves and sprinkled on Yu Ze's forehead. Yu Ze's fair skin was covered with a layer of light, looking pure and beautiful.