Vol 2. Ch 24 - Too close for comfort

[Katori's POV]

"Will the other Club members hang out as well? It will be great if they'll be there. If you want, I can send them a messa-"

"Oh no, it's alright Katori-kun! I was just thinking of inviting you. You know... Just the two of us... Maybe grab a couple of beers... I won't make you stay that long I promise! So, please...?" Akumi invited me with an alluring tone.

"H-Huh? E-erm... I'm sorry Akumi... I can't right now. There's something I need to do. Maybe next time?"

She just laughed at me and replied, "Okay, okay! See yah later Katori-kun!"

"Alright Akumi, see yah."

I hung up the phone. I prepare to head out and I sent Ichika a message to give her an update as part of my usual routine. After a short drive, I arrived at the Uni and headed over to my first class.

"Good morning Katori-kun!" Yushiro greeted me.

"Hey, Katori-kun!" Sachi added.

"Hey guys! Morning! What brings you here?"

"That's why you're really familiar when we first met you! We have the same class every Wednesday and Thursday morning!" Sachi mentioned.

"Oh yeah, since this is our minor, there's a chance that we'll be in the same class."

"Yeah! We don't have any club activities later right?" Yushiro asked.

"Yup, Rinji told me yesterday before we went home."

"Okay then! Sachi and I are planning to eat at a Korean Barbeque later. Wanna join us?"

"Yeah, sure!" I exclaimed.

"Great!" he replied and our conversation was shortly cut off after the professor arrived.

After the first class, I said my temporary goodbyes to the two and we all head to our respective classes. The day went on and I waited for the two to arrive. While waiting, I heard a familiar voice call out to me.

"Hey, Katori-kun!" I heard Akumi calling me.

"Oh, hey Akumi, what's up?"

"I'm alright!" She cheerfully smiled. "Going home?"

"I'm actually waiting for Yushiro and Sachi."

"I see. Where are you guys going?"

"I was invited by them to a Korean Barbeque."

"Ooh! That sounds fun! Can I go with you?"

"Well, they're the ones who invit-"

I was then interrupted by her when she leaned close to me and I had to take a step back. "Oh please Katori-kun...!"

"I mean... If it was me, sure, not a problem at all. Maybe, we can ask them?"

"You're really uptight Katori-kun!" She playfully slapped my shoulders and I just brushed it off with a chuckle.

After a couple of minutes, the two finally arrived.

"Hey, Katori-kun! Did you wait long? Sorry about that! Yushiro here took too long to take some notes from our last class." She then pinched Yushiro's ears.

"Ow! I told you that you can just go ahead without me!"

"I can't just leave you stupid!"

"What? Because you'll miss me!?"

Sachi wasn't able to reply and I noticed the redness on her face.

"No! I just don't want a stupid guy like you alone!" Sachi replied.