Part 5

(Joseon era)
(1596/03/10)

  Nearly everything was okay, everything was, but it all changed when Jihoon jolted awake because of loud shouting coming from outside.

  He grabbed a tissue and wrapped it around his eyes tying it behind his head, then walked outside only to hear villagers shouts.

"Get him out of here!!"

"He'll bring karma to our village!!"

"We're afraid to get cursed like him!!!"

"Let him die!!!"

  Everyone started curse and swear at him while his mother was crying and holding on her husband.

"M-Mom... Dad... What's going on in here?" He said after taking few steps forward.

  The villagers quieted down and the parents noticed their son's presence. His mother walked to him and pushed him lightly inside.

"Jihoon get inside quickly, we'll fix this somehow."

  The villagers' voices united in one shouting voice. "Get him out! Get him out!"

  He felt scared of what was going on but all voices disappeared when a white-long-haired aged man walk forward in the crowd.

  Everyone bowed to him, even Jihoon's parents.

"As the village's elder I don't allow Kim Jihoon to be a part of it anymore."  Said the old man.

"Sir the curse is not contagious, he wouldn't hurt anyone, please leave my son alone." Mr. Kim begged while holding the old man's hand who looked at him with scorn filling his eyes and wiped his hand away.

  The old man turned around and walked away.

"Take him to the mountains with his cousin."

  Noise started up again with the villagers pulling Jihoon away under his screams and shouts for his parents' help while getting treated like a cattle.

He was done for...

_____________

(Modern era)
(2021/05/09)

"Today we're welcoming a guest for dinner, be ready." Lee Seok talked to his sons who stood in front of him after he gathered them in his office room.

"And who's that?" Namjoon asked with a frown, knowing that his father wasn't the type of person who invites his friends for meals especially in the house between his sons who can't eat together without creating a problem.

"A friend of mine." Lee Seok answered briefly, earning nods from his sons who walked each one to his room.

________________

"Welcome Seokjin." Lee Seok welcomed Seokjin while getting him to come in.

"Hi hyung." Seokjin replied calmly before one of the maids walked to him and carried his bag for him and Seokjin didn't object.

  The two walked in the dining room where everyone waited for them, as soon as they came in the brothers quickly stood up and bowed to Seokjin.

  Well you wouldn't recognize them if you saw them right now, what's with that sudden politeness.

  Seokjin and Lee Seok sat down on the chairs, followed by the brothers.

  They were eating silently, and the brothers would shoot Seokjin with brief glances every now and then, seriously who eats with sunglasses?