『 Chapter ☆ 9: Afternoon And Evening With The Men 』

Font Key:

Bold = (With brackets is a small AN), to put emphasis on words in thoughts, also emphasis for anything extremely important (doesn't include minor emphasis (see italics) which is still important but not quite as important).

Italic = Flashbacks, words characters say to themselves in their heads uses " ", used to put emphasis on words in normal font. Can also be someone telling a story in not in the present if accompanied by these: 『 』

Standard = Present time, first person thoughts/observations that are not words a character speaks to them self in their head, with " " are words spoken out loud , words characters say to themselves in their heads durring flashbacks uses " ".

—— ~ ~ —— = The symbol for letters sent from Liyue

  ~ = Time skip (placed in the middle of the page)

~ ~ ~ = The break in the page to distinguish the difference between what is part of the story and what isn't.

** to find the music for the story swipe left on the picture at the top!**

~ ~ ~

(Y/n)'s POV

Returning to the grand hallway of Favonius headquarters I meet up with Kaeya, Aether and Paimon. The three of them appear to be talking animatedly as the Cavalry captain appears to spot me from the corner of his periwinkle eye.
"Ah, (Y/n) you've arrived." He says as the other two wave their hands in greeting.
"Oo (Y/n)! (y/n)! You'd never believe what happened earlier. Paimon will tell you all the details." The fairy exclaims as she bounces up and down excitedly.
"Easy does it Paimon." Aether begins as he gently pats the top of the small girl's head. "Right now we have a job to do, we'll tell her all about it later." He finishes. to which I nod in reply before coming to a stop in front of the group.
"So what did you want help with?" I ask the blue haired man. "Aether said that you required our assistance but not the goal in question." I reply as the four of us leave Favonius headquarters.
"I'll fill you all in on the situation. No one else among the Knights can be trusted with this information." The eyepatch wearing male says solemnly with an air of the utmost seriousness. "What I'm about to tell you is related to my past. I trust that both of you won't share this information with anyone else." Kaeya continues as he carefully observes us, waiting for a response.
"You have my word." I reply as I turn toward my other travelling companions. "Aether? Paimon?" I ask.
"Of course. You can trust us." The blond responds with sincerity. Finally, our eyes fall on the fairy as the only one left to answer is the small floating girl.
"Paimon promises that your secret will be safe with us." The white haired pixie answers.

The Cavalry Captain seems to be satisfied with our answers as he continues to explain the situation.
"My grandfather was a pirate back in his days." The taller male begins before being interrupted with an incredulous look from Paimon.
"What? You don't believe me?" Kaeya exclaims as his perrywinkle eye widens in surprise. My eyepatch was a family heirloom of his. Surely this is enough proof to convince you of my lineage." He retorts. After yesterday's conversation with the male I'm absolutely certain that this is a lie. Instead of calling it out though, I find myself more interested to see what exactly he's trying to accomplish, so I decide to stay quiet about it and simply observe.
"No, it's just surprising. Do all pirates wear eyepatches?" Aether muses to himself as the dark blue eyed pixie lets out a sigh of exasperation at the golden eyed man's question as if the answer should be an obvious yes. Kaeya on the other hand seems quite unperturbed as he continues as if there was no interruption at all.