Chapter 38: Storge

Your POV

" You're here, Lord Harbi- "

" What? Hamburger? No. I haven't been able to bring snacks, sorry guys. " Childe said cutting them off.

" What's up with him? " Paimon asked. Lumine and I looked at each other and tried to stop ourselves from laughing, while Teucer stared at Childe with awe.

" Someday I wanna be like Big Brother... " Teucer said. Lumine and Paimon's looked at each other with horror.

' I knew it. Snezhnayan kids are brutal. ' I thought.

" Look! My brother's giving his speech! " Teucer excitedly exclaimed. We all turned our heads towards his direction.

" Her Majesty expects of you loyalty, ruthlessness, and meticulousness... For the trials that we face are harsh, and our enemies are like- "

" Go Big Brother! " I cheered playfully with a smug face. Childe paused and glared at me. Teucer then looked at me and chuckled " Yeah! Go Big Brother! " Teucer cheered. Childe nervously chuckled.

" Hey... Is that who I think it is? "

" I heard she's the woman behind those accidents at the stronghold. "

" Yeah, she's the one with the Dark Knight Hero. "

I can here them talking about me while Childe kept quiet. They all stood up and lifted their weapons.

" Don't you even dare. " Childe warned them.

" But my Lord- "

" Trick people into... Into buying toys without their parents permission. " Childe said, and we all became silent. I just clear my throat to prevent myself from laughing. The Fatui recruits just silently looked at each other.

" So as your... sales manager here in Liyue, I demand that you obey my every order. A refusal shall be considered a betrayal, and the price for betrayal is to be dishonorably discharged from... Ahem, from the Liyue Institute of Toy Research. " Childe said with a deep sigh.

" Woah, that's really strict... Won't people be really sad if they get fired from the Institute? " Teucer asked.

" Oh my... May the Lord of Geo bless us. " I muttered. Paimon and Lumine still tried to contain their laugh, as the Fatui Recruits looked at each other with confusion.

" Forget it. Perhaps a round of hands-on training will suit us better. After all... a strong body is the proof of one's capacity. " Childe told them.

" Hey. Did... did he just say that we're doing hands-on training? "

" A Harbinger wants to spar with us personally? Wh-What an honor! "

" I can't believe it... are recruits like us really worthy? "

" Am I hearing a hint of objection to this idea? " Childe asked the Fatui recruits.

" Not at all, sir! " They replied in unison.

" That's the spirit! Now, come at me, you lot. " Childe said with a chuckle. I crossed my arms and carefully watched Childe's every move.

After the 'hands-on training', Childe dismissed them all.

" Brother! Do you remember your pinky promise! You promised to take me to visit the Institute of Toy Research! " Teucer happily chimed.

" Of course. As your brother, it's only right for me to grant you one last wish before you leave. Let me think... Yes, the Institute of Toy Research is not far at all from Lingju Pass. " Childe said and my eyes widen. I then pulled Childe's sleeve.