TWENTY-EIGHT

Today was the annual Pall Mall game the Pendermores play every Sunday. Since the weather has been nicer and warmer, it was perfect for Pall Mall. 

And it was the one time all the siblings got along. Something both Lord and Lady Pendermore liked.

"Your Royal Highness, lovely to see you." Lady Pendermore greeted as she guided him inside their home.

"Lady Pendermore." Prince Friedrich bowed. "What a lovely home you possess."

"It does have its beauty does it not? I shall let you two get along. Your brothers are waiting outside." Lady Pendermore smiled as she disappeared into the house leaving the nervous Pendermore girl with the Prince.

Lillie smiled and turned to Prince Friedrich. "Thank you for coming."

"It is my pleasure. Is there anything I shall worry about? Whom my competitors are?" Prince Friedrich said as they both neared the backyard where all her siblings were along with the Bridgerton Brothers.

"Everyone is quite competitive here. You shall need to play exceptionally well to beat them."

"Challenge accepted."

"Brothers!" Lillie yelled, pulling everyone out of their conversations and their attention to the pair.

"Your Royal Highness." All of them bowed.

"Lovely to have you here." Jasper said.

"It is my pleasure. Shall we begin?" Prince Friedrich said. He was excited to show the girl how well he can play.

"Yes, as we were discussing, we shall pick at random." Anthony explained. "As of now."

Everyone ran to the mallets and quickly picked one at their choice. Lillie sighed as she was left with the pink one, one she didn't like playing with. But she needed to remind herself if she wanted Prince Friedrich to propose, she needed to keep her competitive side to herself. He cannot see that side of her. It was a rather nasty sight and only her family and the Bridgertons can know about it as they simply don't care.

Anthony ended up with the Mallet of Death. She was sure they had planned this when she was getting the Prince.

But it was ok. As long as they didn't embarrass the girl, she was fine. The game was going well. Everyone looked like they were having fun. Lillie was very impressed by Prince Friedrich's skills. He managed to make a few shots and made it look effortless too. Lillie could have sworn she swoon.

"Don't mess up Sister." Kygo chuckled.

"Stop distracting me." Lillie said as she got into position.

"Hey Little Lillie, my ball is looking exceptionally lonely over there, care to join it?" Benedict teased.

"Shut it Benny." Lillie barked back causing some chuckles from her Brothers. Her competitive side was showing. 

Lillie got into position and once she was about to hit, she heard someone say, "Bend your knees a bit, it will give you more range in shooting." Prince Friedrich commented.

Anthony wrinkled his eyebrows. From all his years playing Pall Mall, bending your knees was never a good idea."Not needed. You shall have enough range with your stance now."

"Are you questioning me Viscount Bridgerton?" Prince Friedrich asked, staring at the Bridgerton boy.

Anthony shook his head. "Not at all."

"Then why must you doubt my advice?"

"I am not."

Lillie turned around to see the two men in a fierce staring contest. She didn't know what was going on. All Prince Friedrich did was offer her some tips on how to shoot better, but Anthony had to be an ass about it. The girl rolled her eyes and went back to her shot. She ended up not bending her knees as it was a bit uncomfortable and her dress was too tight for her liking.

She ended up making the shot as she heard some claps. 

"Well done my dearest Lillie. Excellent posture. No need to do the bent of the knees." Anthony stated as he looked over to Prince Friedrich when he said it.

And that was how the game proceeded. Prince Friedrich was trying to give the girl some pointers on what he acquired with Pall Mall and Anthony would shut it down saying the girl was already good and didn't need his help. 

That frustrated the girl. She wanted to make a good impression in front of the Prince, but Anthony had to ruin it. 

It also bothered the girl why Anthony was suddenly doing it. And why Jasper wasn't doing anything to stop it.