THIRTY-ONE

The Pendermore girl walked into the boxing arena

The Pendermore girl walked into the boxing arena. She didn't even know why she agreed to come to this with the Brigderton boys. It was so unlike her. And her mother would think it wasn't lady like to be here. And don't even get her started with her brothers. They would kill her. Well, Jasper would. Keeton would defend the girl, and Kygo would applaud her for stepping out of her comfort zone.

"If Brother knew I was here, he would have your head." Lillie said to Anthony as they walked to their seats. Benedict and Colin behind them.

"It is lucky he is away on business with your Father." Anthony chuckled.

"I am quite surprised you are here Little Lillie. Surely our Brother's persuasion must have been exquisite for you to go. Perhaps he offered you some money?" Benedict joked.

"He got her a puppy remember Brother." Colin added.

Lillie rolled her eyes. "You are just jealous he loves me more than you combined."

Benedict gasped, putting his hand over his chest like he was hurt by her words. "That is surely not true right Brother?"

All three of them looked over to Anthony to see his attention wasn't on them. No it was on someone else. The girl followed his gaze to see he was staring at the same girl from the concert.

Weird. Did he know her?

"My dearest Anthony?" Lillie asked, nudging the Brigderton boy.

Anthony quickly turned his head to face all of them. "I love you all equally."

"Whatever you say Brother." Colin said and whispered to Benedict. "We can simply not beat Miss Lillie for our Brother's love."

"Oh how that burns a hole in my heart." Benedict said dramatically.

The boxing match started. Lillie was not a big fan of violence. She cringed every time a punch was made. She hated the sight of blood too. It was all too much for her.

"Is everything alright my dearest Lillie?" Anthony asked, noticing how she hasn't moved her face out of her hands ever since the match started.

Lillie covered her eyes, trying to shield herself from the sight of blood. "I do not think this is what I like."

Anthony knew the girl didn't like the sight of blood. One time when she got her time of the month for the first time, she fainted. The Lord fears that will happen again. Might not be the same context. But it both involved blood. These matches can get really gory.

He took the girl's hand and whispered to his brothers. "I shall take Miss Lillie home. She is feeling ill."

With that the two left to get something Anthony knew would cheer her up.