Chapter 8 - Jealousy

It is now the following morning since Lori met Alex, and Lena and Kara had their talk about their feelings once the 7-year-old was in bed. After Kara and Lena finished their talk last night, and kissed for the first time, Kara insisted that Lena should spend the night, saying it would be the obvious thing to do as Lena would just be coming back over in a few hours' time to pick Lori up to take her to work with her. Lena, of course, agreed, however, instead of sleeping in Kara's bed with her, like the two friends have done before on some of their girl's nights, or game nights, Lena took the bedroom the other side of Lori's. Lena and Kara both decided on this because they know that sharing a bed with each other will be different than before, as previously they were just two best friends sharing a bed, now they are two people who have romantic feelings for each other who would be sharing a bed. So, they think it would be for the best to actually start dating before getting to the stage of sleeping in bed with each other. Neither Kara or Lena want to screw up their potential romance by skipping certain steps, and doing things out of order or anything.

Currently it is just after 7:30 in the morning, and Kara's alarm has gone off, signalling that she needs to wake up and start her day. So, Kara does exactly that, however, once she finishes in her bedroom and bathroom, and heads outside her room, she smells something tasty. Kara then heads towards her kitchen, and that is when she finds Lena cooking pancakes in her kitchen.

"Lena?" Kara asks, confused, rubbing her eyes, still being a bit tired.

"Ooo... hey Kara..." Lena says, as she dishes up another pancake onto a seeming tower of pancakes.

"What.... what are you doing?" Kara asks.

"Well.... I thought I'd make you and Lori breakfast..... I'm a bit of an early riser, I have been up for a while and didn't want to wake either of you.... So, I thought I could best spend my time making the two of you breakfast, and I know you love your pancakes. I hope this is okay." Lena explains.

"This is amazing, Lee. Thank you." Kara smiles back, happily.

Kara then walks over closer to Lena, and the pancakes, deciding to give Lena a hug, even though a big part of her wants to kiss her again, but Kara decides not to do that and rush things too much with their potential relationship. After Kara finishes hugging Lena, she then grabs a pancake and shoves it into her mouth.

"Kara!" Lena says.

"What?" Kara says, with a mouth full of pancake.

"You are supposed to wait for me to finish making them all." Lena says.

"Can't wait.... they smell too good..." Kara replies, still with a mouth full of pancake.

Lena rolls her eyes.

"Well, then how about you go wake Lori?" Lena suggests, "Can't have you eating them all, and not leaving any for Lori."

"Fine..." Kara says, and then walks out of the kitchen, heading for Lori's room.

Kara soon enters Lori's room, and this is when the alien realises that Lori didn't have a nightmare last night, which Kara is so glad about. Kara now sees Lori still asleep, cuddled into her bed.

"Lori?" Kara says, softly, taking a seat next to Lori on the bed.

Lori doesn't respond to Kara.

"Lori?" Kara says, again, softly brushing Lori's side.

"Hhmhmhmm....." Lori replies, as she slowly wakes up, and then turns to look at Kara.

As soon as Lori opens her eyes, and Kara sees the little girl's eyes looking at her, she gets a warm feeling in her heart. Kara knows that moments like these are to be treasured, even though most people would just brush them off as being normal everyday moments.