Chapter 27

A/N:  It's 8:50 my time on a Wednesday night, and I usually post chapters every other Friday.  So, of course this is outside of the normal, and I am sure you might be scratching your head and wondering why. 

LoD hit 1k votes!!!  YaY!!!  Thank you everyone for voting, and an extra chapter is how I'm responding!  Yes, there will still be a chapter on Friday

LoD hit 1k votes!!!  YaY!!!  Thank you everyone for voting, and an extra chapter is how I'm responding!  Yes, there will still be a chapter on Friday.  (In case you are curious.) 

Updated 4/27/22

2542 words

Sloppy. Sloppy. Sloppy. I blink as I realize that is exactly the same word that repeated thrice in my head the night that Everleigh first came into our lives. For the same reason too, although I still couldn't tell you if it was the mysterious Cambion in question or the way we were handling it that had me thinking this way.

The Cambion didn't just leave behind a victim or two this time. Somehow, the Cambion had left behind a whole club full of victims. What made matters worse was the fact the club in question was Contagion. The same club Taehyung had first spotted Everleigh in.

We watched from the veil as the criminal investigators recorded evidence of the crime scene. Even though the world moves slower from the veil, sound still travels to us at normal speed if we are standing still. Which means we are able to hear for ourselves what the investigators are discussing. I've never understood it completely, but when magic is involved logic and physics are practically thrown out the window.

"This is insane. What do you think the autopsies are going to say?" The female investigator asked.

The large male across the room from her snorts in response. "What else would they say with something this big that seems beyond reason? They'll probably try to use some kind of reasoning that will get conspiracy loons jumping out of the woodwork; like a gas leak or something of that such nature. You know something that's only moderately believable."

The female shakes her head. "I guess I should have known better than to ask you that." I can't help but smirk when she calls him a 'schmuck' underneath her breath.