30: Us

Working on your relationship is one of the best ways to keep the spark alive. We spent the day together, taking care of Khanyi and for the first time in a long time, I felt as though I knew him.

I am on the counter and he is cooking, Khanyi has started crawling so we put her in her playpen. We worked out the logistics of how and when I am going to train, Monday to Thursday working out and Friday to Sunday is gun control. He also promised to get me a gun when I am done training, I am going to get a permit but the gun won't be legal.

"Bärchen, get me the cayenne pepper."

"You call me so many things I barely understand the pet names you have for me."

"You barely understand German." Well duh "Bärchen is little bear, Kätzchen is kitten, meine Liebe is my love and Liebling is darling." He gives me a quick kiss on the forehead before he moves to the fridge. 

"You ever thought we would be here?"

"I hoped we would like I always tell you," he wraps his thumb and index finger on my chin forcing me to look into his eyes "You are the best thing to ever happen to me and I would rather dry up the ocean than live a life without you in it, two months without you were hell, scorching, agonizing hell. I never want to go through that again."

My hands find their way to the sides of his face, he picks me up, I put my forehead on him, his hair between my fingers and his lips so close to mine. He brushes his tongue on my lip, slowly. Brushing my lips on his teasing him.

He squeezes my stomach "Stop teasing me." A hearty laugh erupts from me, he takes the opportunity to pull me in using his thumb, he puts his thumb into my mouth and pulls my lips onto his.

Short playful pecks on my lips before he takes my lip into his mouth and sucks on it. I pull away,

"You are the best thing to happen to me." He smiles and twirls me around. A kiss on my cheek before his daughter starts screaming. "She probably knows I am happy."

"She does not want to see us happy." A smile before he puts me down so I can attend to her.

"What's up, my love?" Picking her up, I notice the smile on her face. "You just wanted mama to pick you up?" She keeps smiling. "Let's go see papa."

"Hello, my beautiful girl." He kisses her forehead. "You interrupted Daddy's time with his little kitten but it's okay, I can forgive you." I slap his shoulder.  "She must know, she has me wrapped around her finger but my heart belongs to her mama." He kisses her cheeks.

"She barely understands you but okay."

"But one day she will." I place her in her walker and sit next to the stove as he finishes making our dinner.

.

Training with Kai is the hardest thing I have ever done, he does not go easy on me, I thought he would take it easy with me. It is like volleyball training all over again.

"Come on, Kitten you can do it."

"Baby, I can't."

"Yes you can, you pushed a baby out of your vagina, you can do another min." Planks, that is what we are talking about, this is insane.

It may be a task to do this but I know what I am doing it for, to be able to protect myself and my angel when Kai is not around.

My diet has changed, we didn't cut out everything but the dietician suggested more protein and less refined carbs, whatever that means, Kai buys most of the groceries anyway so he understands it.

There is a plus, my stomach is getting smaller, and there is still some excess skin but it is not overly excessive. My butt is growing and I am loving it here.