Chapter 25

SUNDAY

6:00AM

Tyquez is in their fitness room of the house lifting weights on the bench press.

Jordan walks into the room and Tyquez didn't notice. He had headphones in.

Jordan watched him. She could tell something was on his mind but she wasn't going to force it out of him. She was just going to wait until he spoke about it on his own.

Tyquez put the bar on the rack and sat up as he touched his chest.

One thing Jordan like about Tyquez was that he always kept himself in shape. Especially after his dad died from a heart attack.

Tyquez looks at her.

"Why you up so early ?", he asked.

"I got cold and realized I had nobody next to me", said Jordan.

"You getting spoiled with the cuddling while we sleep. What's up with that? Usually you never want me to touch you because it keeps you up", said Tyquez.

"I don't know...after us going to counseling and me going to my individual therapy...I just think that I've become more attached to you", said Jordan.

"Not only that but...you just seem more confident in yourself", said Tyquez.

"I've been confident", said Jordan.

"...okay", said Tyquez.

Jordan looks down then she looks back at him.

"Tyquez I'm ready to get married", said Jordan. "At first I didn't. A part of me was glad that you gave me a reason to...call off the engagement because I was scared. I was still dwelling on the past but now I'm not and...you're a good man"

"...what happened to you saying yes without a doubt?", asked Tyquez.

"Im sorry", said Jordan.

Tyquez nods.

"But...maybe we could get married today", said Jordan.

"Today? Why are you in such a rush? You tryna kill me or something?", he asked jokingly.

Jordan giggled.

"No...I'm ready to start a new chapter in my life. I feel like it can help with so much that I've been dealing with. Being your girlfriend isn't enough for us...it isn't enough for you", said Jordan. "I wanna do this before I chicken out"

"Well bae if you're at war with yourself about this decision then we don't need to do anything", said Tyquez as he laid back down to get ready to bench press again.

"I'm not at war with myself. I'm just scared that things will change like it did in my last marriage but...I know that won't happen", said Jordan.

"What about our family? They would wanna see us get married", said Tyquez.

"We will have a public wedding later but today I want a private wedding. You, me, and the kids", said Jordan. "Marcus can be the ring barrier"

Tyquez sat back up.

"...this is all if you still wanna marry me", said Jordan.

"Of course I do", said Tyquez. "I'm just so thrown off about how sudden this is. How you just wake up and want this"

"This is actually what I wanted to talk to you about yesterday but we never got the chance to", said Jordan.

"Not right now...I got a lot of stuff going on", said Tyquez.