Chapter 8:

Third Person Pov:

Y/n lays in her bed, on her phone, not particularly doing anything. She was told there was a Cleanup Competition going on in town yesterday. She refused to participate, even though money was the reward. It was a waste of time.

For one, she's not about to get out of her comfortable bed to pick up trash. Two, she had heard of a guy who won each year, so no point. There isn't really a third reason, she's just having a lazy day.

While laying in her bed, she gets a call from Saiki. 'He is really he's him, or I would have blocked him by now.' She sighs, answering her phone. "Strawberry, you need something cause it better be important."

"Its Monday."

"No, it's Sunday."

"Monday. Check the date."

"What?" She pulls her phone from her ear to check the time, her eyes widen once she realizes it's in fact, Monday. And she's late for school.

She rushes out of bed, putting her phone on speaker and placing it on the dressier. "I swear it was Sunday."

"I called you yesterday, telling you about the Cleanup Competition."

"Yeah, it was Saturday."

"Sunday."

"Bruh." She deadpans as scans her closet, finding her school clothes section. "Why are you just now calling me?"

"I thought you knew, but obviously not."

"I feel like you're calling me stupid without actually saying it."

"I'm just wondering how someone as smart as you, doesn't know the date."

"So you're basically calling me stupid."

"Yes."

She rolls her eyes as she walk to her dressier and picks up her phone. "As much as i'd like to hear you insult me more, I have to get ready. See you in a bit."

"Hurry up. There's this haunted piano rumor going on. I already know i'm gonna be forced to figure it out, and I refuse to do it alone."

Y/n narrows her eyes. "Y'know, I really think you're taking advantage of the fact that i'mma psychic too. If I wasn't a psychic, would you still be this close to me?"

"Yes, you'd still be you, just minus the powers. Even before I knew you were a psychic, I already. . . was okay with you."

For a moment, her heart seemed to beat twice as fast. Her breath hitched and her words got caught in her throat.

After a frozen minute, she clears her throat and speaks. "I need to get ready, i'll see you in a bit."

"Like I said, hurry up. I'm loosing my mind dealing with Nendou."

"If you loose your mind, i'll help you find it." She says sarcastically, but she means it. Before she hangs up, she says one last thing. "If you weren't a psychic, i'd still be there for you. You'd still be you, and you're the only one I can deal with, without praying for more patience."

She didn't know, but Saiki actually smiled at her words. It was faint, but still there. And it remained there when he spoke. "See you later, Y/n."

With a smile of her own, she repeats his words. "See you later, Kusou."

~~~~~~~~

Y/n walks in the classroom, already annoyed by the atmosphere. 'I should've stayed home.' She sighs, walking into the classroom and taking her seat by Saiki.