15

Nolani Marie Pierce| couples days later, 10:29 am

I laid up in my bed finishing homework that was pass due, I hadn't really had time to with things going on around me it was just too much to balance at once.

My phone dinged beside me but I ignored it, I was ignoring everybody that had anything to do with Elijah and Zenaida because I didn't want any parts.

Part of me felt bad for ignorning Donovan out of all people but to be honest I was tired of him as well, the texting and calling whenever he wanted didn't cut it for me so I was keeping my distance.

Hearing a horn outside I simply ignored that too, my mom was near by so she could open the door for whoever it was cause I wasn't. 

"NOLANI!" My mom yelled out for me, I was gone ignore her but I actually wanted to see what she wanted.

I clicked pause on my work and got up walking out my room to where my mom was with Donovan standing next to her making me sigh in defeat.

"Yes ma?" I held a tight lip smile sarcastically and rolling my eyes on the sly.

"Oh don't act stupid, he's here to see you." My mom gestured towards Donovan but I ignored his presence.

Showing up to my house? 🚩

"I'm gonna leave you two to chat." My mom excused herself walking into the kitchen.

"What do you want?" I doubled my lips and folded my arms staring him down.

I couldn't lie and say he didn't look good as hell right now but I wasn't gonna admit that out loud.

"Why you been dodging me and shit?" He copied my posture, eyeing me down as I did him.

"I wanna be to myself." I mumbled avoiding eye contact once he licked his lips over looking me dead in the eyes, is it getting hot to y'all? Just me? Okay.

"Still not telling me why." Donovan shook his head and chuckled, "if youn wanna talk ta me nomo jus say dat"

🚩🚩🚩 I thought as I looked him back in the eyes, not finna be weak in the knees for no nigga or milk crickets in this matter.

"Maybe I don't wanna talk to you anymore, but this really doesn't give you a reason to just pop up at my house cause you feel like it."

"I had probable cause." I rolled my eyes at his response cause what actual probable cause can a person that even don't even fuck with me have?

"Yea okay, Donovan you can let yourself out." I turned to walk away but felt something tug me back making me quickly snatch away.

"Don't do that." I snapped as he threw his hands up in defense, starting to feel a tad uneasy,I knew he probably wouldn't put his hands on me but it's the way he grabbed me that brung memories I wanted to forget.

"Sorry I- I just I don't know." I fumbled Over my words not wanting to actually let him know what was wrong with the way he grabbed me.

"It's coo Youn gotta explain yo self." He said backing up.

"I'll hollat you later doe." He headed toward the door, "just wanted ta see if you was good."