THIRTY-SEVEN

"Good morning-" I furrowed my eyebrows as Tobias walked out of the kitchen. "And goodbye."

"He's in a frenzy." Kaleb shook his head.

"Why?"

"He just got a call that one of his farms caught fire, and that put production behind." Kaleb shook his head.

"Oh my. That's like thousands of dollars down the drain. He must be crushed." I shook my head.

"Yeah. That was his oldest farm. Many investors invested and now they're pulling out." Kaleb said.

"So, where's he off to?"

"He's in his office."

I began walking out.

"I wouldn't."

"I have to," I said. "He's always there for me, it's my time to be there for him."

I walked towards his office and slowly knocked on the door. He was on the phone. Tobias angrily paced the room.

"How! How could it catch on fire? I have investors pulling out by the second. Was security not on standby?" He questioned.

I leaned against the door.

"Well then figure it out. I worked too damn hard for this fucking company. Someone has to be held responsible." He hung up the phone before tossing it across the room.

"Tobias?"

He didn't respond. He took a sip of his whiskey.

"I know you're stressed but you should eat."

He still didn't respond. He sat down at his desk before typing away on his computer.

"Do you hear me?"

"I hear you, Athena, but currently Athena, I don't want to. So please leave me be so I can handle my company." Tobias said.

"Wow. I'm sorry." I shook my head before walking out. I walked back into the kitchen. "I shouldn't have gone."

"Don't take it personally, Athena. He's just really upset and doesn't know how to handle his emotions."

I remained quiet while looking at the countertop. "He doesn't have to be mean about it."

"I know."

"I'm gonna..." I stopped before grabbing my bag. "I'm gonna head to work."

~

"It's all over the news." Valeria twirled in the chair while eating her salad. "How's he holding up?"

"He's being an ass."

"Nothing new." She chuckled. "He's going through something, just expect the old him to. be around for a while."

"He shouldn't have to be mean. He doesn't know how to feel emotions so he just takes it out on people."

"I know." Valeria sighed.

"Whew! I am exhausted." Lotus sat down. "From checking with seamstress, venues, managers, and trying to chase you two all day, I am exhausted."

"Thank you, Lotus." I smiled.

"Your fiancé is all over the news. How's he handling?"

"Not good. Not good at all. He's not even eating. He didn't work out this morning!" I exclaimed.

"He never misses a workout." Val shook her head.

"I know. That's why I'm worried about him. Maybe later on he'll be better. He just doesn't want to talk."