Chapter 63 - You like him more?

Even after so many years with Lu Xun, Ye Yao did not expect Lu Xun to think this way.

It's a subject that doesn't end easily once it's opened, and the difference in treatment can drive people crazy, not to mention the difference in treatment made by the most important person in the heart,

"In high school, when your family was having a hard time, I said I would put my pocket money with you so we could both use it together, but you didn't want to." Lu Xun's voice tightened, "Now that living conditions are better, neither of us is short of money, so you're willing."

Ye Yao has a bit of a headache.

He wouldn't take money from a friend, but now he and Lu Xun are not friends.

They had been married for many years and all their assets were joint property, not personal. Lu Xun wanted to keep all the money in his hands and not take a penny for himself, and that was only an amusement.

And Lu Xun's view of himself as an eighteen-year-old and his thirty-something self is equally unlikely to be shared by the average person.

Ye Yao softened her voice and tried to reason with Lu Xun, "You are the same person, I accepted him, but I also accepted you. We only knew each other for a year or two in high school, but now we've known each other for more than ten years, of course our relationship will get better and better, won't it?"

"Oh," Lu Xun snorted, "I thought our relationship was good enough, but it could be better."

The forced smile on his lips faded: "It's true that I'm not as good as I was at thirty, but that's normal."

The jealousy on Lu Xun's face had not disappeared at all, but rather because of Ye Yao's answer, he had become even more furious and jealous.

And after this jealousy, there was an unconcealed sadness of loss.

Ye Yao looked at the face of Lu Xun, with whom he had spent a lot of time, and saw the loss on his face, and suddenly understood what Lu Xun was thinking.

Lu Xun now has no memory of these ten years, and it is perhaps because of this lack of memory that Lu Xun does not understand the development of their relationship. For Lu Xun, it is the memories of the past ten years that he has with another man that have caused Lu Xun to disconnect from himself.

"It's not what you say it is." Ye Yao frowned.

Spending time together as a youngster was the cornerstone of their relationship, and because Lu Xun was good enough at that time that he never thought he would fall for a boy before he fell for a man later in life.

Ye Yao looked serious: "Don't ever say that again, you are no better than you were at thirty, no matter what period you are, you are uniquely the best to me, got it?"

The tone of voice was not so much coaxing as stern, but Lu Xun looked at Ye Yao and his face gradually changed from cloudy to sunny.

It's okay to be on equal footing now, he will always stand out later.

Lu Xun began to demand, "Then you have to get the same treatment and you have to charge me in the future."

"Well, good." Ye Yao said.

The corners of Lu Xun's mouth rise again in a combative manner: "What else would you do with thirty-year-old me, I'd do it all, without fail."

Ye Yao: "......"

This is not necessary, really do it all over again his waist still need to be?

Not to mention what he could do with a thirty-something Lu Xun, two grown men, doing/love to do things of course, something that even a high school cognoscenti could pry into.