Chapter 65 - The mysterious key

It was not surprising that a key had been put in his pocket, most likely after opening the door.

But the house had a smart fingerprint lock, so there was no need for a key, and even if there was, it would have been in the pocket of the trousers they were wearing, not in their pyjamas.

What's more, Ye Yao carries this key with him.

This key has been with Ye Yao longer than he has been in contact with Ye Yao.

Lu Xun, with a cold face, tossed the key to Ye Yao's side of the bedside table, then brought it back a few minutes later and slipped it into Ye Yao's shirt pocket.

Given Ye Yao's character, the key probably corresponded to the lock that held valuable company information.

Ye Yao must not find out that he has secretly touched these things, otherwise Ye Yao might be angry with him.

Sleeping on Ye Yao's pillow and clutching Ye Yao's clothes, Lu Xun is in a state of anxiety.

He and Ye Yao have been friends for so many years that they have become involved in every aspect of each other's lives, and for Ye Yao, who is in his thirties, this friendship may have turned into a family bond.

The more years you've known someone, the more difficult it is to fall in love with them. Because they know each other so well there is no more novelty, there is no more excitement of blushing.

What can he do to make love with Ye Yao, to turn this friendship into love?

Clutching Ye Yao's clothes, Lu Xun tumbled irritably to the side where he usually slept.

He hadn't been involved for over a decade, and he had even turned into someone who would secretly collect books as boring as that.

The thought of the book disturbed Lu Xun, who got up from bed, went out of the bedroom and went straight to the study, took the book out of the bookcase, went down the hall and handed it to the housekeeping staff who were cleaning the house.

"Throw it away, as soon as you can." Lu Xun said in a cold voice.

"Okay Lu Dong, I'll hand in the rubbish later and take it out for disposal." The housekeeper asked, "Do you have anything else to throw away?"

Lu Xun frowns.

When one cockroach is found in the house, a thousand cockroaches may be present in hidden corners.

Similarly, if there is a book hidden in the corner of his bookcase, then other hidden corners are just as likely to be hiding something dirty and unpleasant.

After letting the housekeeping staff dispose of the rubbish, Lu Xun started rummaging through other hidden corners while Ye Yao was away.

Since Ye Yao would not have gone through his things without permission, the suspicious items must have been hidden in a space that belonged to him and not in a shared space.

There are not many places in this house that belong to him alone and are not shared with Ye Yao.

Lu Xun arrives in the cloakroom.

He has a lot of personalised clothes, as well as Ye Yao, because of the high profile occasions he has to attend.

A small wardrobe does not fit all these clothes, so they have a large cloakroom.

A part of the cloakroom is cluttered with his and Ye Yao's clothes, which blend together and have to be distinguished when it is time to wear them.

In the other section, there is a separate section for Ye Yao's formal clothes on one end and his formal clothes on the other, in case they do wear the wrong clothes on important occasions.