Chapter 72 - Double standard

At these words, Chu Shi, who had been able to wear a decent smile on her face, stiffened her expression and her voice came out several degrees higher than usual: "You're going to pick up the plane?"

Wasn't he hallucinating that Lu Xun himself had just made it clear a few seconds earlier that he would never pick up a plane?

And he hadn't seen Lu Xun pick up anyone!

Chu Shi, barely able to control his expression, smiled and said in a joking tone, "Who said it wasn't necessary to pick up a plane when you're not three years old and don't know your way around?"

Lu Xun looked at Chu Shi with a look of retardation: "Is it the same?"

Chu Shi's smile was about to be unsustainable again.

What's the difference, isn't it the same as picking up a plane? He's even Lu Xun's childhood friend!

Of course Lu Xun couldn't possibly be kind enough to answer this question, he took out his phone and looked at it, "It's about time, I should go, you guys have fun here. If you want to leave, I won't stay."

Lu Ming, who had been shocked by Lu Xun's double standard, came back to his senses and asked, "What time did you pick up the plane, and when will you be back?"

"There's a flight close to seven in the evening, so you'll just have to leave before then." Lu Xun said.

"...... what's that?" Lu Ming was tempted to spit out why they had to leave before then, but before he did he had a more puzzling question, "It's only after 1pm, what are you doing there so early?"

Lu Xun gave an impatient tsk: "There may be unexpected situations on the road, so of course we have to leave enough time, have you become stupid after a few years abroad, why do you even ask such questions?"

Lu Ming: "......"

Who has become a fool, wasn't Lu Xun the one who used to be most impatient with long waiting times?

Lu Xun didn't want to waste any more time, he simply turned around: "Let's go."

Lu Xun walks quickly, not giving anyone time to speak, and disappears out the door in a few steps.

The driver was already waiting outside, Lu Xun opened the door and got in, and the next moment, he took the car and drove off.

The two people left in the room fell into silence.

The housekeeping staff were kind enough to serve tea and snacks and fruit, and Lu Ming, a member of the Lu family, was the first to sit on the sofa.

Lu Ming has never got on well with Chu Shi before, out of some intuition.

He felt that the man was a bit sinister and did not do things in an open and honest manner, but rather played around with caution.

Now that he's got the chance, Lu Ming starts off with a sly comment, "It's a pity, Brother Chu, you've always wanted my brother to pick you up for a flight. If you had delayed your return for a day, maybe he could have picked you up when he went to pick up his friends, so you could have felt the pick-up service, right?"

Chu Shi takes a sip of his tea, the smile on his lips long gone.

He and Lu Xun grew up together and knew each other very well, and Lu Xun grew into his favourite form.

But Lu Xun was a straight man of steel who hated homosexuality and treated him no differently from anyone else. So he chose to hide his thoughts for a while, looking for the right moment to see if he could bend Lu Xun's mind.

And in just one semester of not seeing each other, something went beyond his expectations.

Chu Shi put his tea down: "It's probably his friend's first time here, he's not familiar with the area and he hasn't flown much, so it's normal for him to be picked up once."