Chapter 80 - A chance for friendship ascension

Under the dim streetlights, the black figures are stretched out, blending into one, indistinguishable from each other.

Ye Yao feels that there is only one word to describe how he feels right now.

Clueless.

How could Lu Xun, a big straight guy, confess his love for him when it was obvious that when they were together, Lu Xun had never acted in any way that looked gay, had always been straight, and had even been homophobic before.

Does this make sense?

...... Lu Xun is not awake at all, but is now sleepwalking, and then this sleepwalking, and then treats him as the girl he has a crush on?

This logic ...... seems quite possible.

Ye Yao did not say anything for too long and Lu Xun thought that Ye Yao was struggling with how to reject him without hurting him. He rubbed his nose and pushed down his frustration to comfort Ye Yao instead.

"If you don't want to say yes, just say no, don't worry so much." Lu Xun said in a quiet voice, "But I won't give up, I will continue to pursue you."

Ye Yao slowly plucked away a layer of sweet potato skin and took a bite of the sweet potato flesh to suppress it before speaking tentatively, "Which class is the guy you like, and what's his name?"

Lu Xun: "......?"

Ye Yao: "?"

Lu Xun and Ye Yao stared at each other for a few moments before Lu Xun finally caught Ye Yao's brain, and was immediately amused.

He handed Ye Yao the water he had bought so that he could eat the sweet potato with it, while sneering, "You think I'm sleepwalking, don't you? If it wasn't you Ye Yao who wanted to eat, would I be crazy to come out in the middle of the night with someone?"

"I have a crush on the senior class president, whose name is Ye, Yao, am I clear enough this time?"

Ye Yao was frozen in place after a long speech.

He was good-looking and had been confessed to many times since he was a child, but none of them had left him at a loss for words like this one.

When did Lu Xun's friendship turn sour?

What did Lu Xun like about him and how did the two of them get along, and was it not ambiguous?

Countless questions rolled through Ye Yao's mind and the last thing that stood out in his mind was the image of the bracelet that he saw nearing completion when he went to get Lu Xun's clothes at night.

He said to the bracelet at that time, sharing his luck with Lu Xun, hoping that Lu Xun would succeed in his confession.

Because he didn't want to see Lu Xun sad and upset after being rejected.

...... He doesn't want Lu Xun to be sad now either, and if he can, he wants Lu Xun to always be happy and prosperous.

Does he like Lu Xun?

Of course he does, otherwise he wouldn't be such good friends with Lu Xun. They could spend all day together and never get bored.

But until today, he had never thought of this fondness in a direction other than friendship.

Ye Yao's face slowly turned serious.

"No kidding?" Ye Yao asked.

Lu Xun immediately swore to God, "If I'm not serious, I'll be paid 2,000 a month for the rest of my life!"

This curse is too harsh. Ye Yao stopped it quickly: "Go back first, we'll talk about it as we go."

* Ye Yao