Sixty | Humans

"Why the fuck do you guys own a minivan? This is so: modern family, and not at all: teen wolf," Rebekah cried from the back seat. "Seriously, does it even have air conditioning? Something stinks back here too!"

"Hush, Vamp," Thyra grumbled. "We haven't had to use this in years. Besides a few casual hookups."

Eve's flushed cheeks had everyone recoiling from their seats.

"You guys are such horndogs! Now I have to sit in your c-"

"That's enough!" Thana yelled over the young Vampire while Visena giggled quietly.

Gideon remained quiet at her side but had a firm hand glued to her mid-thigh. Are you okay? She queried through the mind link.

I'm disappointed I couldn't distract you from being the saviour Queen anymore.

What? Visena thought back to their conversations about the Council, and she gasped quietly in realisation. You've been distracting me with the mating ceremony and sex! You're a sneaky one, aren't you? Maybe you're the Faery in the relationship.

Gideon's chuckle and increasing pressure on her thigh had her warming.

"Don't be mind fucking over there," Thyra warned. "The windows don't wind down, and I don't need to smell your horniness for five hours.

Visena groaned before being overcome with fits of giggles.

"Thyra!" Eve said with her flaming face buried in her hands.

"You guys are fucking hilarious. I wish I'd met you when I was human," Rebekah said with a snicker while her companion, Leon, stared out the window awkwardly.

The wolves looked up at the skyscraper in awe and contempt when the car pulled to a stop. 

"This is the place that ordered so many packs deaths, killed an entire species and has a chokehold on all the pack funds?" Rebekah commented sceptically, more to herself than her companions.

 "Which entrance is for Witches?" Gideon asked quietly.

"I will bring you through the Vampire section. Should help you avoid suspicion," Thana said, pushing the door open with her foot. "You'll need to change too." Her eyes raked down Visena's body. "You should look like a Queen, not a street urchin."

Visena didn't mind the faded jeans and black bomber, but she agreed it wasn't very 'Queenly.'

The small group followed Thana through the Vampire entrance and up a large elevator to her penthouse suite. It appeared much more modern than Mihnea's, Visena recalled, and messier. "Here, put this on."

The item in Thana's outstretched hand looked ridiculous, but Visena tried it on regardless. The bathroom mirror revealed a midnight blue velvet jumpsuit with form-fitted long-sleeves and pants. A faux skirt wrapped around her midsection, giving the suit the appearance of an elegant gown which hid a few nasty surprises. Thana strapped a sharp blade to Visena's left thigh and a subcompact pistol on her right. She had no interest in using either, but even Gideon encouraged her to be armed.

"They're Witches, Visena. They can be unpredictable."

"What can they do against a Faery, a couple of Wolves and Vampires?" Rebekah asked, slurping on a refrigerated bag of O-Negative.

"Don't Jinx us, Rebekah," Thana said, snatching the bag and downing the last few sips. "And don't drink my good blood, you little shit." Her side glance was killer.

The Queen stood in front of a mirror in the lounge, adjusting the kevlar bodice that hugged her breasts up to her chin. She ignored Gideon's lusting emotions dripping down the mind link, pulling the phone from her dress pocket and calling Svend. He answered on the second ring, "Who is this?"