𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄: 𝐒𝐏𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐋𝐄

"Such a nice and weird lady

"Such a nice and weird lady..interesting."

༻❁༺

   The laughter and bustle that greeted you and Cale as you entered the pub quickly faded as Cale took his place inside. It was awkward, and you could sense the tension building in the room.

"Oh my, welcome Y-Young master!" the bartender exclaimed, a terrifying expression on his face as he bowed his head in respect for the young master. Fear causes the bartender's entire body to tremble.

Cale was discussing with the bartender what kind of alcohol he wanted to drink right now. So you took advantage of the opportunity and exited the tavern by the back entrance.

You could say you weren't a big fan of alcohol. You decide to go without telling Cale because the scent of booze is nearly making you sick. Besides, Cale already knows why you wanted to leave, so you don't have to explain yourself.

    As you walked out of the tavern, you were welcomed by the night's frigid breeze. You take a deep breath, shivering slightly, before exhaling the air.

Lifting your chin. You take your time enjoying the flashing stars above the night sky, Then, as the moonlight shone down onto your figure, a powerful brief breeze passed by, causing your hair to dance elegantly with the wind.

    You started walking around aimlessly, sighing to yourself. As you take advantage of your free relaxing time while it lasts.

The longer the day goes on, the more stress you feel. The more you are unable to sleep properly, the worse your insomnia becomes. As a result, whenever you try to sleep, unknown and blurry memories flash through your mind. It has become more difficult for you to sleep, and this is causing you to lose your appetite.

It's as if your mind was trying to tell you or remind you something but you couldn't decipher it out. And the more you try to figure it out, the more your skull hurts, so you give up in the end. You chose to disregard it and go on.

You'd rather not think about it than have a headache, so you decided to ignore it. Then allowing it to consume your thoughts when it's clear that it's not good for your health.

"Ha, this is stressful as fu—" You tripped over something unexpectedly, and it wasn't a pebble or a lump in the ground. It turned out to be a human leg! You didn't have a choice but to accept your faith as you waited for your face to be planted on the concrete ground as you lost all sense of balance.

You were expecting the hard ground to make contact with your lovely face, but you didn't feel anything. There was no pain, but you did feel a pair of strong muscular arms wrap around your shoulders and waist.

When you first opened your eyes, you were greeted by the filthy ground, and your face was on the verge of faceplanting. You must express your gratitude to the man who saved your magnificent face.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be resting on the ground with my legs extended out like that," an unfamiliar voice says, his tone tinged with guilt before assisting you to stand up straight and finally unwrapping his arms.

    You can't deny that his voice was gentle and somewhat slightly warm. Listening to his voice was quite soothing

You laugh clumsily and dismissively wave your hand. "There is no need for you to apologize; I should be the one apologizing here; I was too irresponsible and didn't watch where I was going," You said, implying that it wasn't a huge problem.

The man smiled back, virtually smiling at you and visualizing a halo of sparkles circling around him. For some reason, he appears innocent and cuddly. "Still, I hope you weren't hurt; if you were, please let me know so I can help you treat your injury," he offered sincerely, and you gape at the man. How is it possible for a man to be both attractive and genuine? You internally scream.

After you realize you've been staring at him for a few moments. You regained your composure with a shake of your head and a hard slap of both hands against your cheeks, causing the man in front of you to recoil in surprise at your behavior.

    "Ummm...are you all right...?" he asks nervously, nodding your head with a big smile on your lips. "Yup, nothing to be concerned about," you replied, popping the 'P'.

The man sighed in relief before smiling again, his smile almost reaching his ears. "That's good, I was worried for you just a moment ago," he said. Oh, how you long for your young master to be like him.

"If you don't mind my asking, what were you doing here? Sitting on a cold hard floor. Aren't you uncomfortable sitting on the unclean ground?" you question, your eyes wide with interest as you patiently awaited the man's response.

The man opened his lips to respond but quickly shut it again. As if he sounded embarrassed and nervous to say it. He hastily whipped his head away from you as you cocked your head to the side. Confused by him

    "I jump over the wall," he replied, motioning with his hand to the tall wall.

"Oh, is that so, wait— what?!" you exclaimed, your eyes nearly popping out of their sockets. Is that even correct?! He leaped over a freaking wall the size of a Titan?! Is this man in front of you a human being?! This tall wall is insurmountable for a human to leap over. He's got to be joking just to make you laugh.

    This guy gives you shivers all the way down your spine.

Uh, a man who leapfrogged a tall fucking wall. Who'd have guessed such a human could be capable of such a feat? That's extremely fascinating; you have to wonder how powerful he is. Perhaps even more powerful than you? Curiosity is definitely getting the best of you.

You snapped out of your thoughts as the man groaned in pain, and you didn't waste any time in rushing to save him from falling. "Are you okay?" you inquire, slightly concerned.

With a groan, he replied, "Yes, I just strained my ankle attempting to prevent squashing the kittens." You instinctively pulled him to the ground, gently saying, "Wait here, okay? I'm going to get bandages for your ankles and some ice to"

"H-Huh? Please, there is no need. I don't wanna cause you any further incon— and she's gone..." Before the man could even stop you. you were already long gone from your spot to buy the necessary things to treat his sprained ankle.

Softly chuckling to himself, a genuine bright smile crawled up to his lips "Such a nice and weird lady..interesting." He murmured

༻❁༺

Author's note

I've finally published the chapter lol
And I apologize it's super short and boring. Nothing interesting happened in this chapter cause this chapter was rushed lmao

—Unedited